Fifteen New Galaxie Music Stations

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Fifteen New Galaxie Music Stations

Postby Tape Splicer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

While on hold with SHAW earlier today I heard a promo for Galaxie's 15 new music channels.
Somewhere along the way i missed this item and thought that I'd post it just to keep us all up-to-date with what is offered by the Galaxie music service. (Although there isn't anything there that I wold choose to listen to(. This item is a little dated, but I didn't see it posted any where on the site....
===============================================

Fifteen New Galaxie Music Stations Take Shaw Customers Around the World

Press Release: Shaw Communications Inc. – Mon, Jan 9, 2012 12:33 PM EST

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire -01/09/12)- Dance to the beat of music from around the world with 15 new Galaxie music channels on Shaw (TSX: SJR.B) (NYSE: SJR - News). As the first provider in Canada to launch the new channels, Shaw is excited to now offer even more non-stop, commercial-free music to its customers.

The new channels have a focus on cultural music, with stations ranging from Bollywood Hits, to Arabic, to Guangdong. Three channels appealing to young adults have also been added. Shaw customers can now enjoy the following new music channels:

-- Canadian Indie
-- Headbangers
-- Hip Hop
-- Latino Urbano
-- Today's Latin Pop
-- Guangdong
-- Mando Pop
-- The Asian Flavour
-- Bollywood Hits
-- Punjabi
-- Hindi Gold
-- Sounds of South India
-- Classical India
-- World Carnival
-- Arabic

"Shaw is proud to be the first provider in Canada to offer all of these new Galaxie channels to our customers" said Peter Bissonnette, President, Shaw Communications Inc. "The Galaxie music channels on Shaw build value and provide more entertainment options for our diverse customer base across Canada."

"Our objective is to ensure that Galaxie remains the preferred source of music for Canadians," stated Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital, owners and operators of Galaxie. "By launching these new channels with Shaw, we are further expanding the reach of Canadians who will find their favourite music genres on the Galaxie service."

In total, 55 Galaxie music stations are now available to Shaw Digital TV customers at no added cost. The channels can be accessed by tuning into channels in the 400 range, or streaming them online. Online streaming and channel information can be found at www.vod.shaw.ca/music/galaxie_player.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: Fifteen New Galaxie Music Stations

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Tape Splicer wrote:This item is a little dated, but I didn't see it posted any where on the site....

Last time I checked, this wasn't Canada News Wire. ;-)
Just because something isn't posted, doesn't mean it has to be. It didn't even appeal to you!
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:
Last time I checked, this wasn't Canada News Wire. ;-)
Just because something isn't posted, doesn't mean it has to be. It didn't even appeal to you!

Howaboutthat; You are correct this is not CNW.
RW is a message board and I'll make an assumption that what is posted is to inform as well as entertain others. (I note that at times there is a fairly high number of "guests" looking at the board).
I posted the item above item as there are more than users and members who access RW. I thought the information might be of some interest to those folks as well as regular users of this board.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Nothing against RW, but I'm guessing there are a heckuvalot more Shaw cable customers, who have been innundated with Galaxie music promos in the past couple of weeks, than there are RW users. And that's all I'll have to say about it, because like you, I don't care.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Actually there was nothing in the form of advertising in my last SHAW bill nor were there any e-mail's from SHAW promoting the new channels.
The first I heard of them is while I was on hold for the sports channels on basic digital that I posted elsewhere on this site. And as I said above I went looking for the information.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Big Voice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks, I've been looking for a good Guangdong channel. ;-)
Big Voice
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes