Now Trending On Twitter: Who Is Paul McCartney!!!

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Now Trending On Twitter: Who Is Paul McCartney!!!

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

“Who is Paul McCartney” trended worldwide and locally on social networking site Twitter today, sparking outrage among fans and music aficionados.

“Every day people, just JustinBieber & OneDirection trend,& today we have “Who is Paul McCartney”? I’ve lost the will to live,” tweeted @ConorLynn.

“I can’t believe so many people asked “Who is Paul McCartney last night. Are you serious people?” asked @Cameron.

The former bass player for The Beatles closed the 54th Grammys ceremony on February 12 by performing a medley of songs from the band’s “Abbey Road” album. He was joined by fellow musicians Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen and Joe Walsh of the Eagles. Earlier in the ceremony, he performed “My Valentine,” one of the songs from his recently-released solo album.

People on Twitter generally expressed surprise and disbelief at the trend. A CBS News article even had a side comment in parenthesis in their article about the trend: “(Surely, it’s a joke?)”.

Twitter users presumably of the older generation such as @m1keh0gan said, “Parents, teach your children who Paul McCartney is. Please.”

@musicjojo93 tweeted, “Better ask somebody, young children, he is an icon no matter where you’re from.”

Filipino Twitter user @swymgy101 quipped, “My goodness, is this a joke?! Doesn’t anybody know the bass guitarist of the Bee Gees anymore?

Source: ABS:CBN News.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Now Trending On Twitter: Who Is Paul McCartney!!!

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:13 am

Turn me on dead man.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:07 am

Best part of the show.

Times have changed.

But - boy, this is kinda odd. Macca rocked the house with Bruce, Joe Walsh and the band.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:58 am

Just watched it on youtube....EPIC!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR4zDOa8Zc
Did not see it on Sunday night as, by that point, I had already switched to PBS and Downton Abbey.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby VE7ROX » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am

For those of you who have never heard of Paul McCartney or Bruce Springsteen, here is the perfect gift: http://www.dealfind.com/vancouver/brushbuddies/?s=dd-thin&a=718b65fb0f74
The Justin Beiber Singing Toothbrush. :partyguy:
RoX ToX in the dialog BoX . . . Bye, Jim VE7ROX
VE7ROX Website: http://ve7rox.spaces.live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Law Won:....http://tinyurl.com/2gbzvn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VE7ROX
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:I had already switched to PBS and Downton Abbey.

Now you're talking NS - best drama series on TV, no commercials. 75% of what is on regular TV I cannot watch for
the market it is trying to attract.

I cannot believe how bad television is.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Downton Abbey - Brit TV - unbelievable.
Put that up against CSI - Hoboken...or, the yawn, Grammy's.

Speaking of Get Off The Stage - Madonna. Looks like an aging dominatrix, and her music does, and always has, blown chunks the size of Daryl B's Bimini Bar Bills.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:34 pm

hagopian wrote:Speaking of Get Off The Stage - Madonna. Looks like an aging dominatrix, and her music does, and always has, blown chunks the size of Daryl B's Bimini Bar Bills.

Back to the topic - I thought McCartney looked every year of his 'almost' 70! Colouring the hair can't cover the lines on the face and the wavering voice. Now, I didn't see his number with Springsteen, but I did see his solo effort, and was not impressed.
Reminded me of Ringo a couple of weeks ago when he performed on Craig Ferguson's show. These guys, IMO, are past their best-before date. I want to remember them at their best.
(Same goes for the Beach Boys - even without the Maroon 5 morons)
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes