The Chessmen Collection 1964 - 1966

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

The Chessmen Collection 1964 - 1966

Postby radiofan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

After almost 45 years, I can finally retire my collection of 45's by The Chessmen thanks to Larry Hennessey and Jamie Anstey of Regenerator Records.
They've spent months remastering The Chessmen material from the mid 60's (along with help from Terry Jacks) and it sounds great! The CD along with
a nifty 12 page booklet was finally released this week. This is a great piece of Vancouver Rock and Roll history. I understand there may be something
from another Vancouver favorite "Spring" in the not too distant future!

Check out Regenerator's website http://www.regeneratorrecords.com for more info on The Chessmen Collection 1964 - 1966.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: The Chessmen Collection 1964 - 1966

Postby another dog » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info on this RF. I went out today, got my copy and played it on the way home.
I too, think the time was well spent by Larry Hennessey and the work of Terry Jacks remastering was well done.

Thanks to one and all cocerned with the production of the CD.

I, like you, have waited for the CD album to arrive and can too, recommend it to one and all.

With the booklet that comes with the CD, one gains an even better insight into the groups history from beginning to end.
I learned more about the group than what I did before, and I was the Fan Club VP in the 60's.

Anyone interested in a great local groups sounds should go out and get a copy, for more info, check out
www,regeneratorrecords.com .
CKDJ RADIO P.D. ( 1967 ) for Metropolitan Burnaby
another dog
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes