Worst Songs - an interior perspective

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Worst Songs - an interior perspective

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:24 am

The 100 worst songs of all-time
JAMES MILLER, Managing Editor
09/24/2010

We‘ve all had a bad day at work before and even some of the greatest musicians of all-time are capable of releasing a piece of junk. Over the past several months we‘ve praised the best. Now it‘s time for my picks of the worst songs in pop music history.

1. I‘ve Never Been to Me (Charlene). She was working in a sweet shop in 1982 when a Florida DJ resurrected her 1977 single which had originally peaked at No. 97. Somehow, it hit No. 3 the second time around. It featured the dumbest spoken bridge in musical history and included lyrics about accumulating wealth by allowing herself to be seduced by affluent men. Then she brags about her vacation destinations.

see more at

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/top_story ... type=Local
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Worst Songs - an interior perspective

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am

I don't know much (anything) about the newspaper biz... but is there really so little going on in the Okanagan that the Managing Editor has the time not only to THINK about 100 songs he doesn't like, but come up with reasons why as well?
Personally, I disagree with about 40 of his choices, but then music, like humour, as was pointed out somewhere else, is a personal thing. But HOW can you NOT like The Final Countdown???????
(BTW Jack, I hope you appreciate my new avatar... changed it just for you ;) )
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Image
(BTW Jack, I hope you appreciate my new avatar... changed it just for you ;) )

Maybe my comment elsewhere about talking in song lyrics is not so far fetched or far off. Not sure if radiofan has featured it yet in his FaceBook 45 of the day, but this one comes from 1968 and Spanky and Our Gang, the same year that Red Robinson nearly freaked out during a CJOR Remote at a car dealer when the Sales Manager said "A Damn Good Deal".
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:(BTW Jack, I hope you appreciate my new avatar... changed it just for you ;) )

Like it much better - that combined with me going to Whistler for a week - puts you in pretty good stead around here.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes