Tommy James on The Lawn

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Tommy James on The Lawn

Postby bigbry » Sun May 15, 2011 8:20 am

Here's Tommy James revealing what role the MAFIA had in his past. Just thought those in a Classic Rock format would enjoy this short interview. http://www.blubrry.com/heygetoffmylawn/ ... mmy-james/
CHEERS from SK
Bry
bigbry
Advanced Member

Re: Tommy James on The Lawn

Postby Paul P » Sun May 15, 2011 10:00 am

Man, for a moment there I thought some braintrust had called their radio station The Lawn!

Would have liked to have seen Lee's comment on that!
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 am

Web sites, and especially audio files on other web sites, have a way of disappearing or changing URLs, so I have loaded the audio here:
http://www.radiowest.ca/sound/bcoxtommyjames.mp3

My first instinct was to disagree with Tommy James and Classic Rock being used in the same sentence, but then I recalled that CKLG-FM did play the long album versions of a couple of his songs.

I have read the book being discussed -- Tommy's autobiography -- and would recommend it.

Personally, and I know others share this opinion, the most interesting aspect of Mob connections discussed in the book is only mentioned in passing: the physical assault(s) on Jimmie Rodgers that nearly killed him. Were they Mob incited?

Unfortunately, Tommy has no way of knowing for sure. Even though Morris Levy told Tommy that the Jimmie attack was instigated by Morris, Morris was such an opportunist that he may have just claimed the assault was his doing as a form of intimidation towards Tommy.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby bigbry » Sun May 15, 2011 12:09 pm

LOL a station called The Lawn...I agree, that's really funny. Jon thanks for moving that file around. I just hope I posted this in the correct area. Hey Glad you guys found it interesting.
Bry
bigbry
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Sun May 15, 2011 1:02 pm

The book is a great read. Tommy sounds like a guy who could talk for hours and keep it interesting.

Lawn Radio plays Mulch Mower Music!
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby BossRadio » Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

from 45 RPM:

"Lawn Radio plays Mulch Mower Music!"

EPIC line!!! :rockon:

I want you in MY imaging department!
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Postby pave » Mon May 16, 2011 7:33 am

Ol' Bry is coming along nicely, now ain't he?

Just don't lose track of him during a stroll around the sex shop. Otherwise the only way of tracking him down is by hollering "COX!?" (That's his line, by the way.) :)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon May 16, 2011 7:53 am

At this point, I think a link back to the original story of "Get Off My Lawn" making it to XM/Sirius is worth a mention:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8855

Bryan: now would be a good time to mention what the current channel numbers are on XM and Sirius in the U.S. and Canada, since they recently did a radical renumbering, and what time of day your Lawn is featured.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby bigbry » Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 am

pave...you're killin me here...ha ha ha I'm amazed you remember the Sex Shop story..LOL

Jon...you're so kind. YES, Sirius/XM did go through a massive channel re-numbering "Hey Get Off My Lawn" can now be heard on XM 160 (Laugh Attack) and is featured 3 times a day at various floating times. AND IF any other station in Canada wants to pick it up...I'm Easy!
CHEERS guys and Thanks for all you've done
Bry
bigbry@sasktel.net
bigbry
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes