Wired becomes Cruz

Postby cdl » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 pm

The former Wired - FM has become Cruz - FM, playing Saskatoon's Greatest Hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrpawJP0cA
cdl
Advanced Member

Re: Wired becomes Cruz

Postby Muzik » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:23 pm

The tunes sound GREAT. Infact CRUZ FM Saskatoon's Greatest Hits will definately attract many listeners that are not currently served in this demo.Congrats to Harvard on the implementation of CRUZ FM. From what I've already heard, I know the numbers will climb quick.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Postby Recordman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Why didn`t they call it 96.3 Cruz Fm Saskatoons Greatest Toones,wouldn`t that have been original.
Just a thought.
Recordman
Advanced Member

Postby Karen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm quite enjoying the new CRUZ FM as opposed to what it was when it was WIRED. Nice mix of hits from the 70's through the 00s.

I'm still trying to figure out if the station is actually live or is it out of town voice trackers from other Harvard stations? The mid day shift is a bloody train wreck, The announcer sounds fine, but either
they have a very tempermental computer or she is the world's worst operator. If it's her, I hope she is never driving a car on the same street as me. Today she announces a contest, gives the number to
call and then says AC/DC will be coming up shortly. Boom, the AC/DC song starts. Following the song is a mish mash of two or three things playing at the same time,then another song starts. She finally
gets to the contest, gets a winner and introduves Steppenwolf. On comes a station promo and then Steppenwolf.

She appearded to be live at about 1:45 doing a hand off to the PM Drive jock and some laughter between them about her "operator".

The station was playing Christmas music since November, you'd think the new staff would have done a few days of dry runs to get to know the equipment. Then again, maybe Harvard was too cheap to have
the new staff on payroll too early so theuy could avoid paying for stats.

I'm hoping it's just growing pains. The music is right on and I hope CRUZ scores big in the BBM.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby SKradiophile » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Don't think for a second that Harvard paid anybody to be properly either rehearsed pre-launch or even given a less than fleeting mini-glance at the technical requirements of the job. The way radio seems to work in Saskatchewan-and this includes CBC-is that the on-air staff appear to have minimal reading abilities(is assurance of literacy optional here)and that TIIC have little concern for the on air product.Just get it on the air, listener satsifaction not required. :oops:
SKradiophile
Advanced Member

Postby thatotherguy2013 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 am

Karen wrote:I'm quite enjoying the new CRUZ FM as opposed to what it was when it was WIRED. Nice mix of hits from the 70's through the 00s.

I'm still trying to figure out if the station is actually live or is it out of town voice trackers from other Harvard stations? The mid day shift is a bloody train wreck, The announcer sounds fine, but either they have a very tempermental computer or she is the world's worst operator.
I'm hoping it's just growing pains. The music is right on and I hope CRUZ scores big in the BBM.

Harvard doesn't VT between markets. Or even within clusters really. Kudos to them for that.

Mid-day girl used to be in promotions from what I've heard. My guess would be learning curve with the board/software.
thatotherguy2013

Postby BossRadio » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 am

Well,if it is a learning curve, the listeners should not be subjected to her lessons. She should have been given a shift or two in a vacant studio to work out her jitters and learn the board so she would at least be comfortable opping on-air. Hell, turn off the auto and give her a couple of hours each nite after midnite to get the feel of things, like they used to do,instead of bumbling through and killing station cred in the middle of the day.:dark1:
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Return to Saskatchewan