Charter UP! DJ Robbin Reay is Gone

Your Updates for EdmontonBroadcasters.com

Charter UP! DJ Robbin Reay is Gone

Postby jon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Robbin Reay

We covered her arrival, which coincided with the switch from Magic 99 to UP back in 2010, and now she is leaving.

From her Facebook page dated yesterday during the Noon hour:
This post is bitter-sweet.

Friday was my last day on the air at up! 99.3. I feel so fortunate to have had the chance to work alongside so many extraordinary people over the past 5 1/2 years, and I've got a boatload of memories to go along with it. However, sometimes change is a blessing in disguise.

"Just Be Yourself". A line that is often fed to us growing up, but we should always remind ourselves of as life goes on. Unfortunately, I was in a role where I felt the very opposite. This was no secret to the people closest to me, and even though I gave it my best shot, it was obvious that my heart and my head were experiencing some major disconnect.

Sometimes it's just better for both parties to let go, and let be. (Can you tell I've been listening to a lot of James Bay lately?)

I truly believe that the things that scare us most in life, are always the most worthwhile. This is my fresh start, my clean slate, and I really do look forward to the next adventure.

Thank you to everyone who has reached out - your support means the world to me. I'm really going to miss all you crazy hooligans.

Duncan Paterson is now doing Robbin's 2-6pm show.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Charter UP! DJ Robbin Reay is Gone

Postby jon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:38 pm

From yesterday's Facebook post:
London... I'm coming for you!
Over the past 9 months I've traveled to 18 countries across this globe (and that was bananas), but starting on March 6th I'll be back on the air at 97.5 Virgin Radio London!
Tune in Middays from 9:30 - 2pm or listen live at
http://www.iheartradio.ca/virginradio/london
Now... how to get all my wine and shoes to London....
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton Broadcasters