Vancouver PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Vancouver PPM ratings 12+

Re: Vancouver PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Postby evol » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 pm

tuned wrote:Here's one

"All music stations are similar in inventory levels. It then becomes a debate of 1) do you want the music to be interrupted more often for shorter breaks, or 2) interrupted less often for longer. If you actually did a comparison of stations that do "X in a row" versus stations that don't, their inventory levels are relatively the same. It's all done in creative clock building to accommodate the inventory levels mandated by corporate. It's about creating perceptions of playing more music than the competitor while still delivering the same amount of inventory. I find it funny when people trash "X in a row" like it's a waste of time (I've seen posts here before about it). Anyone believes that has virtually zero comprehension of how radio is absorbed by a listener... and you're missing the fundamental essence of radio success - understanding and controlling PERCEPTIONS."

I'm still not seeing where I said I believe in the way corps do things. I was simply giving insight into what programmers do/don't have the pleasure of manipulating themselves.

Go for another try Tuned?
evol

Postby johnsykes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:57 pm

I just think it's amazing that all the talk here is about music stations.....obviously, looking at the figures....the so-called classic rock station and other genres are on the way down....be it caused by ipods and all the gadgets...I don't know....and yet CKNW, the all-talk station is again number one.....and thankfully, CISL is going up. Methinks Team-1410 will gain ground from where it's been. As for so-called music stations, maybe repeat, repeat is beginning to be a pain in the ass to more people.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:03 pm

johnsykes wrote:Methinks Team-1410 will gain ground from where it's been.

I'm curious John, as to what makes you think that will happen? What are they doing that would see them gain ground?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:02 pm

.the so-called classic rock station and other genres are on the way down

Perhaps my eyesight is failing or something, but when I looked at those latest PPM results I could have sworn that music stations were holding down 7 of the top 10 positions. :toohappy:
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeah Dan, but not the top....."kids" have their ipods, etc.

And the other question......not playing so-called music will indeed give them better figures....example....those unable to be near a TV today.....listening to the U.S. Open golf.....well done Team 1410....as I cruise around my golf course, listening in.
Oh you poor guys who have to work. Can't stand listening to that so-called music as I drive my marshal cart around the course....would sooner listen to the Blue Jays, Mariners, Lions.....you name it.....NOT that garbage UFC crap. O K, I'm ready for the reverberation on that one.
You people who love that brutal stuff probably have tattoos huh? Why would someone put something like a tattoo on their body? Do you think what you will look like when you hit my age?? there will be a shooting squad ready to take you out by then.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm

johnsykes wrote:NOT that garbage UFC crap. O K, I'm ready for the reverberation on that one.
You people who love that brutal stuff probably have tattoos huh? Why would someone put something like a tattoo on their body? Do you think what you will look like when you hit my age?? there will be a shooting squad ready to take you out by then.

Excuse me Mr. Jumpingtoconclusions. If you would ever make the trek from the Conservative heartland into the real world, you'd notice that most of the fans at UFC events do not have tats.
One thing I do know, is that most members of our armed forces have tatoos of some sort. Are you suggesting we shoot them all too? Do you even think before you post sometimes?
You owe a whole bunch of loyal Canadians an apology Mr. Sykes.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 pm

:canflag1:
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 am

Did I generalize? yes/......nothing against the "Mother" or Joanie tattoos the soldiers have on their arm.....I'm referring to the virtual body painting - arms, legs, you name it - simply bloody ugly.

Now back to the Vancouver PPM's.... :canflag5:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Quite a difference for CBU, less so for others, a seemingly small change in ratings makes. The first column is ages 12+ from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. The second column is 2+ 24 hours a day.

Thanks for David Bray for making the 12+ numbers widely available.

David had this to say about PPM's in Canada, and Vancouver ratings:

With diaries now in our rear view mirrors for 5 key markets, radio buyers, sellers and programmers now speak only one language for these majors…PPM. The rest or the country continues to rely on diaries which cover a different rating period. Moreover diary results are released at a different time from their PPM brethren. Today’s PPM radio release from BBM completes the thirteen week period covering March 1st to May 30th. This marks the third 13 week period in the new era of measurement for Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. Let’s take a look at the numbers.

Vancouver: CKNW holds the #1 spot for A12+ with a 14.6% share of hours tuned (up from 14.0% last time out). PPM seems to like CKNW, in part due to the fact that it is played in a wide variety of environments. Office station 103.5QM-FM, although slipping slightly, continues to benefit from the new methodology, maintaining the top spot for F25-54 with a 14.7% share (down from 15.6%). In a tight race for M25-54 listeners CKNW (with 9.9%) inched out Rock 101 (with 9.6%). In a bizarre artefact of the PPM era, QM-FM tops the list for M18-34 followed with 12.7% share of hours tuned. When it comes to Females 18-34, the Beat takes top spot with an 11.8% share followed by Virgin at 11.6%
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 pm

So News 1130 appears to have a 'lock' on the toddler demo!
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Or that all important 1-5am daypart.

I keep getting grossed out by the picture in my head of a 2 year old wearing nothing but a diaper with a PPM clipped to it.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Vancouver PPM May 30, 2022 - August 28,2022