Fujikami The Warrior / Brian “Frosty” Forst

Bits and pieces of Radio History ... Features, sign ons, sign offs, format changes ... posting what we want!

Fujikami The Warrior / Brian “Frosty” Forst

Postby gregorymacdonald » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi RadioWest Forum, I’m new here.
My name is Gregory Macdonald, I am a musician and I was born and raised in a musical family in Vancouver, BC. My father Jim was also born and raised in Vancouver. Recently I found out his favorite song in the world from when he was a kid is Fujikami The Warrior. We were on vacation together last summer and Dad had been trying to find the song for years, all he could remember was it ended with “who needs you!”
After spending many hours on the internet we finally discovered a recording of it on YouTube. Gotta say it’s a pretty awesome song.
Anyway I guess I have two questions:
Are there any Fujikami 45s floating around out there? Dad has an original Seeburg jukebox and I’d love to get him a record for it.
And, is Brian “Frosty” Forst still active or in the community? Anyone know how or if I could contact him? I’d love to let him know how much he means to my dad.
Thanks everyone hope you’ve had a good holiday season.
Cheers,
Gregory
gregory@sloanmusic.com
gregorymacdonald

Re: Fujikami The Warrior / Brian “Frosty” Forst

Postby jon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:00 pm

It has also been featured here on RadioWest:
https://www.radiowest.ca/forum/viewtopi ... 90&t=22319

A quick search tells me that copies of the 45 sell for at least $100 these days.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Fujikami The Warrior / Brian “Frosty” Forst

Postby radiofan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Gregory ... Here's an email I recieved from Brian "Frosty" Forst today ...

Hi Ted….as you know, I’m as technically challenged as one gets and can’t reply to your site so…..would you kindly post something about alive and well…biking and sleeping. Flattered and grateful for the kind words from the Fuje fan. :towel:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Audio Memories