CFUN "You"

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CFUN "You"

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 am

A few cuts from the 1977 CFUN "You" package from TM Productions ...

CFUN "You"
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CFUN "You"

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 am

Am I having an old fart's flashback, or didn't another station (KISS maybe) revive at least 2 of those jingles a few years ago?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Am I having an old fart's flashback, or didn't another station (KISS maybe) revive at least 2 of those jingles a few years ago?

You may be thinking of Jack, which had them redone with references to "doing it for you" replaced with "playing what we want."
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Thought about that, but no, it was definitely the same words, only the station was different.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Thought about that, but no, it was definitely the same words, only the station was different.

howaboutthemradiostationjingles ...

The doc was right. It was Jack who brought back the You package jingles in 2003.

Other than those, nobody in Vancouver has used the You jingle since CFUN in 1977.

In the 90's CKKS (Kiss) did use some re-sings of old CFUN 1960's PAMS jingles for their Oldies or Music Plus weekends .. some of those have been posted in previous Jingles Of The Day ..
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Hmmm.. you'd think I'd know that! ;) Am I correct in thinking that they more or less used the same words... 'you are the reason' etc? and just changed the ending to... we play what we want......
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Hmmm.. you'd think I'd know that! ;) Am I correct in thinking that they more or less used the same words... 'you are the reason' etc? and just changed the ending to... we play what we want......

The lyrics in the Jack jingles were similar .. When they first started using them I had to hear them several times to catch the lyrics properly.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks RF...I thought I was losing what little I have left of my mind.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 pm

"You" can hear the Jack versions at TM's website http://www.jonestm.com/jingles.asp under "Jack FM".

By the way, the Regina station indicated in my avatar used the You jingles in its Sunday Morning Oldies Show in the early 90s.
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 pm

drmusic wrote:"You" can hear the Jack versions at TM's website http://www.jonestm.com/jingles.asp under "Jack FM".

By the way, the Regina station indicated in my avatar used the You jingles in its Sunday Morning Oldies Show in the early 90s.

I can't find the Jack section on the TM site ...

but .. I have gone through some Jack airchecks I have, and we'll see what we can come up with tomorrow 8-)
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 pm

radiofan wrote:
drmusic wrote:"You" can hear the Jack versions at TM's website http://www.jonestm.com/jingles.asp under "Jack FM".

I can't find the Jack section on the TM site ...

but .. I have gone through some Jack airchecks I have, and we'll see what we can come up with tomorrow 8-)

Under "All Jingles", scroll down to Jack FM (they're alphabetical.)
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Thanks RF...I thought I was losing what little I have left of my mind.

What little you have left of your mind???? :lol: I can't believe how you keep setting yourself up. Put a bullseye on your back pal :lol:
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm

yee-haw wrote:
Howaboutthat wrote:Thanks RF...I thought I was losing what little I have left of my mind.

What little you have left of your mind???? :lol: I can't believe how you keep setting yourself up. Put a bullseye on your back pal :lol:

I think most of us would rather have a bullseye on our back as opposed to where yours is situated. I like to sit down every now and then.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day