CKOM 1960's

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CKOM 1960's

Postby radiofan » Sat May 16, 2009 9:14 am

From the late 1960's, some CKOM Saskatoon acapella jingles ..

CKOM 1960's
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CKOM 1960's

Postby BossRadio » Sat May 16, 2009 10:55 pm

NIce , and thanks for the history lesson . They may be as dense as a tin of syrup, but they were what they were. MOR ids and splitters that complimented a bygone format.

That said, I found that talk show splitter both cringe and shudder worthy. The slower tempo that closed in on dirge territory? I wouldn't have wanted to wake the neighbors or anything if I were the show's producer either, but come on. :lol:

Fast forward ,and in under twenty years, both talk and Mantovani were gone from CKOM. Now,it was blanketing the Prairies as "Canada's Superstation', giving listeners of tbe early and mid eighties some last great "top-forty" rock and roll songs the way they were meant to be heard: on AM radio stations that still had the balls to pretend they were the only game in town. When CKCK,CJME,CFQC and others had thrown in the hit-wheel towel, in the days before the combined Much Music/FM juggenaut rolled across the province and sucked the fun out of AM radio....in much the same way the hated Winnipeg Blue Bombers annually handed the green RIders their helmets on Labour Day..., CKOM (and CHAB Moosejaw in it's "Big Eight" baby-flamethrower days) were still cutting edge for a lot of teens and young adults. High energy,always cooking, with your new,all time favorite song this week.... just minutes away. What more could a radio junkie ask for?

BIG 8 CHAB or CKOM Superstaion IDs anyone ?
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day