CFCN 1960's

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CFCN 1960's

Postby radiofan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:39 am

A few jingles from the days when Calgary's CFCN was a Middle-Of-The-Road powerhouse. Jingles from PAMS "Smart Set" series ...

CFCN Smart Set
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CFCN 1960's

Postby newsjunkie11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm

CFCN Radio did have a great news department with Darryl Janz doing news... and Russ Peake doing the Sports... Those guys were household stars in Calgary for over 20 years...

Wow, I actually listened to these jingles on CFCN in its day...BOR-RING... about as interesting as watching Lloyd Robertson (CTV) brushing his teeth..

Oh, say "good night" Lloyd, and let a younger man (finally) anchor the CTV stinkin' news...Sure, Kevin Newman will do...but first, the stubborn old cogder will have to step down...GOOD LUCK with THAT...! LOL

I feel that a better replacement for Robertson would be Keith Morrison, "a Canadian," with NBC's Dateline... He was a so-called "replacement" for Robertson, but then he got effed around by CTV and returned to N.B.C., long ago...NBC passed Keith over for lead anchor, as well, when Tom Brokaw retired...Too bad, for Keith, a great journalist and storyteller, I wonder, was it because he was a "Canadian" ?

Does anyone have some airchecks and/or jingles from CFCN's successor, powerhouse rocker AM 106 (circa 1985), with Tanzan Dan Freeman, Glen Slingerland, etc... That signal went everywhere in Western Canada, back then...
newsjunkie11
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:19 pm

There is some AM 106 aircheckx in the "This weeks Feature Airchecks" section .. any airchecks that have been posted on RadioWest in the past 3 1/2 years are there .. and lots more to come.

There is also some AM 106 jingles in previous Daily Jiongle posts.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby newsjunkie11 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks, I'll check those jingles out...
newsjunkie11
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day