CFUN Giant Radio

Jingles and IDs from Radio Stations in Western Canada and Washington State

CFUN Giant Radio

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 am

Sing and Swing with the Swingin' Men at 1410 .. some early 1960's CFUN Goodies ..

CFUN Giant Radio
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CFUN Giant Radio

Postby 45 RPM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Great memories. C-FUN put a potent signal into Central Alberta and entertained many of us nightly in the 60s.
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Re: CFUN Giant Radio

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 am

When I was at CKVN/CFUN, I knew we had a heck of a signal because of the number of calls from Alaska, and letters from DXers in Europe.

It wasn't until I moved to Whitehorse to fly for a small airline that was to understand just how powerful a signal that transmitter and antenna array put out on skywave.

CFUN was ALWAYS the first over the horizon signal to open the band, and the last to fade out in the morning. Its field strength was so high that you could hear it better than the local on the crappiest, most out of tune little receiver you could find. Even when the Aurora Borealis was active and blocked signals from absolutely everywhere, CFUN was the last to be blacked out.

It used to be fun to listen to "Brother Benson" in the evenings and call him on the private line number, just as if I were still living in Kitsilano and we were going to meet after the show and head out to get into some form of mischief.

Thanks for the memories!

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Return to Jingle(s) / ID of the day