Vancouver Summer 08 S3 BBM 12+

Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Ratings

Vancouver Summer 08 S3 BBM 12+

Postby radiofan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:32 am

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:32 am

Other than the fact that THE BEAT just about knocked NW out of top spot this time, the other interesting thing of note are the numbers for the about to go dark CKBD 600. Makes me wonder if their replacement THE PEAK will ever score a 3.2 with their proposed Triple A format.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Even a 2.0 12+ with AAA would be more sellable.

Now, getting that 2.0 in the first place....
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm

How long til Astral rolls out Virgin FM?

95 Grave FM is on life support.

Maybe this time around they'll actually replace the Morning and Afternoon drive people with some new blood. If I want retreads, I'll go to Kal Tire thank you.

The former manager may well be responsible for killing off Zed and bringing Grave into being, but the Beat is unstappable now. Next book NW gets smoked by the Beat.

Astral has once chance to save 95.3 and Virgin Radio could be that trump card, but they'd better get it in place before the two new AAA's get on the air and leave Grave in even graver condition with nowhere to go but down.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Summer book, no one really cares.
The next results, out around the first week of December, are from the all-important fall book, the one used to sell spots.
Again, 12 plus is nothing but bragging rights, it's the demographic breakdowns that matter most.
PPM will mean some drastic number changes from what's been considered normal since ratings began.
But it's still not perfect, as PPM's still will record "unintended" listening, such as what's playing in the store, restaurant, doctor's waiting room, etc. where you may hate what you're hearing but it will be recorded as "listening."
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Dan Sys wrote:Other than the fact that THE BEAT just about knocked NW out of top spot this time, the other interesting thing of note are the numbers for the about to go dark CKBD 600. Makes me wonder if their replacement THE PEAK will ever score a 3.2 with their proposed Triple A format.

If the results for the Triple A in Calgary are any indication, The Peak should be keeping CISL, CFUN and AM 730 company in the cellar.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Unintended listening is still listening. You are still exposed to the message,. When I am driving with my gril and she pops on Crave... I hear all the glorious mix of top 40, 80s weirdness and Zane's one liners, but I'd NEVER write it in a diary.

that said... I am slowly coming around to Crave, I like it better than the Beat now.
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby evol » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 pm

sparky wrote:95 Grave FM is on life support.

Are we reading the same numbers? They've had 4 straight books with upwards momentum. I would think the Astral people are pretty happy with the trend.

sparky wrote:Next book NW gets smoked by the Beat.

Doubt it... my suggestion would be that we see a correction in S4 with a 8 to 8.5 share.
evol

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

The Beat is acting like CKLG in its numbers early in the 70's with NW
way out in front. LG was for the hip. The Beat represents that now even
tho I doubt I would enjoy it much.

Below CKST on the chart - who cares?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

Top Dog wrote:Below CKST on the chart - who cares?

Below CFOX's 5.0, who cares?
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:41 pm

once again the 'God Squad' on Lynden's KWPZ "praise FM" spanked AM730 :?
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby buzzbishop » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:44 pm

12+ is pointless.

With THREE more FMs signing on in the next year, do you think 12+ will be what's sold to clients? Hell no. It's all about demo, niche and super delivering your target to get in on national buys.

1040 is a 3 share with 150 000 people listening, and guess what? that's 150 000 men 35+ that are frickin gold to their sales dept. Probably even more valuable than the 5 share of men CFOX has.

THAT is what it's about gang.

12+? Who cares..
buzzbishop
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Buzz your arguements may be sound but a 12+ of .06 for MOJO means what it means

bottom
nix
nothing
boring
vacant
poor managed
sad
depressing
laughable

need I say more

The 12+ of NW and the Beat tells me what has happened to so called modern corporate radio
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby buzzbishop » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:57 am

in other words, youre saying my arguments are sound but you dont care cause you like whining about useless stats behind an alias on a message board?

cmon. NW's audience is 60+, they win 12+ because their audience cant change the dial. the beat has all the teen listening to beef up their totals.

break it down into demos and dayparts, that's all that matters.
buzzbishop
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:32 am

Top Dog wrote:a 12+ of .06 for MOJO means what it means

bottom
nix
nothing
boring
vacant
poor managed
sad
depressing
laughable

need I say more

Yes, I think you do need to say more, TD. There is some validity to the argument that All Sports, All News and, yes, All Traffic stations should be rated differently.

That "different" is usually "Reach" -- the number of people who tune in each week. A quick look at the BBM http://www.bbm.ca/en/BBM_Canada_S3_2008 ... _final.pdf says 730 gets 124,700 listeners a week. Comparing that Reach to other stations puts 730 around a 3 SHARE: e.g. - 600 has a 126,000.

All that said, I don't personally buy the Reach argument, since it means that a listener is less likely to hear your ad if you advertise on a station with a large Reach and low SHARE. Unless, of course, you do heavy repeat advertising, which is very costly. The answer to that problem is to do a detailed analysis of quarter hour time periods, and only advertise in those with high SHARE ratings.
jon
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Spring 2022