Coast To Coast Returns to Seattle

Includes archive of Bill Virgin's columns fromJ une 2006 - March 2009

Coast To Coast Returns to Seattle

Postby radiofan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm

When KVI AM switched from talk to oldies a few weeks ago, the Seattle market was suddenly without a Coast To Coast AM affiliate. Beginning January 3rd,
KIRO-FM 97.3 will start carrying the show from 10P to 4A.

Nice to see some markets still believe in running shows live rather than a 3 hour delay.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Coast To Coast Returns to Seattle

Postby slowhand » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

radiofan wrote:Nice to see some markets still believe in running shows live rather than a 3 hour delay.

Not to mention Corus and the ridiculous way they handle so many of their "syndicated to themselves" programs. Charles Adler is live 1-3pm in Winnipeg at CJOB, delayed 8 hours in Vancouver on CKNW from 7-9pm, and I have no idea how they get 2 1/2-3 hours of Adler in Calgary and Edmonton. Both have 12:30-3pm, but CHED has 5:00-5:30am, as well. What do they do? Start half an hour late on the live show, then re-air the first hour from 2-3pm? I won't even hazard to guess what CHED airs at 5am.

As for Corus wannabe CFAX Victoria, they run Adler 6-9pm nightly. So, is that his two hour live show delayed 7 hours and then re-run the first hour?

Saskatchewan must be a real challenge, where CJME and CKOM air the show. What happens when Winnipeg switches to Daylight time and Saskatchewan doesn't?

I haven't even tried to figure out the Ontario and the other B.C. stations that carry Adler.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 pm

You start 'not to mention Corus' , then go into a long rambling rant about Adler. To quote Sykes... WTF?

Back to the topic. Is there any way to know how many people are actually listening to C2C in Vancouver? I've listened a couple of times and been wholly unimpressed.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Paul P wrote:You start 'not to mention Corus' , then go into a long rambling rant about Adler. To quote Sykes... WTF?

Back to the topic. Is there any way to know how many people are actually listening to C2C in Vancouver? I've listened a couple of times and been wholly unimpressed.
"Not to mention" is a legitimate idiom that can be used to point out other examples of the same problem, which I clearly isolated and quoted from radiofan's original post: "Nice to see some markets still believe in running shows live rather than a 3 hour delay."

I would submit that your comment that Coast to Coast is as dull as last year's squash is at least as far off topic as mine. Though admittedly much shorter. I plead guilty to lack of brevity. But I'm not the only Radio guy who doesn't look good in brief(s).
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Whereas, I, on the other hand, have looked good... briefly.

Meanwhile, there have been some nights where I have found Coast to Coast to be intriguing and fascinating. That's almost high praise for a radio show. :snowball:
pave
Advanced Member

Return to Seattle / Washington State Radio News