107.1 IndyCar Radio

Post info or questions on stations you have heard or are trying to hear ... the world of DX!

107.1 IndyCar Radio

Postby jon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 pm

107.1 MHz in Edmonton is currently running continuous test announcements, in preparation for broadcasting live all weekend for the IndyCar event in Edmonton.

Pretty low power, by the sounds of it, but I was getting it on the Anthony Henday ring road where it crosses the North Saskatchewan River in the SW corner of the city.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: 107.1 IndyCar Radio

Postby glaherty » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 am

Will Indy racing ever return to Vancouver? Not likely, but you learn the never say never thing in this world.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Re: 107.1 IndyCar Radio

Postby jon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 am

No mention of Vancouver, but this morning's Edmonton Journal announces that Edmonton is guaranteed the Indy will be back next summer. There had been some talk that this would be the last year.

As for the 107.1 MHz "station", anyone have any idea how to figure out how much power it has? I figured it out and the location where I heard it yesterday morning is at least 15 miles away. Later in the day, I drove by the downtown airport where the Indy will be run this weekend, and that was the only place (at that time, and since) where I could get the station.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to As The Dial Turns