KZOK Top 1000 streaming now

Radio news from the USA

KZOK Top 1000 streaming now

Postby jon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

KZOK-FM Seattle is streaming their Top 1000 of all time at http://www.kzok.com as they did last year, not quite half way through.

Is it just me, or would you listen to a local Classic Rock station if it had the music mix that KZOK appears to, based on my annual listening of the Top 1000? DJs are good, too. They actually talk about the music, not Paris Hilton's latest adventures.

Certainly, nothing here in Edmonton over the last decade even comes close. CanCon, of course, is a major issue.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:39 pm

jon - even though I'm not a classic rock fan, KZOK is miles ahead of all the other regional classic rock stations in variety and overall presentation. I realize that CFMI "Rock 101" CKKQ "100.3 the Q" & CHWF "106.9 the Wolf" are all stuck with the CANCON requirement so perhaps its not fair to compare them. KISM is a pretty dismal excuse for a classic rocker and KJR-FM isn't sure if they're classic rock or classic hits. Their longevity with the format is a testament to KZOK's success and their ratings trend has given them a pretty good position in the Seattle market.
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News