Country Gets The Boot In L.A.

Radio news from the USA

Postby radiofan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:47 pm

EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS AND DEES ENTERTAINMENT

LAUNCH NEW LOS ANGELES RADIO STATION

MOVIN? 93.9

Legendary Rick Dees to Host Mornings Live on Movin 93.9

(Los Angeles) Emmis Communications and Dees Entertainment have announced the launch of a new Los Angeles radio station, Movin 93.9, effective today, Thursday August 17. Movin 93.9 represents a new format in the Los Angeles market, Rhythmic Pop Contemporary, which will feature the music of artists like Beyonce?, Gwen Stefani, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Janet Jackson, and Gnarls Barkley. Movin 93.9 is ?The Mix That Makes You Move.?

Legendary Los Angeles radio personality Rick Dees will be joining Movin 93.9 as live morning host. Dees was last heard in Los Angeles in 2004 as one of L.A.?s top-rated hosts. ?The Rick Dees Weekly Top 40? show is syndicated to 125 countries worldwide, with an audience of millions.

?We?re overjoyed that Rick Dees will be joining Emmis Communications and Movin 93.9,? said Jimmy Steal, Emmis Communications VP of Programming. ?Rick?s passion for Los Angeles? morning radio is legendary and his live & local show is a perfect fit for Movin 93.9. We can?t wait for him to start! He?s the perfect compliment to this exciting new format,? Steal added.

?Emmis is the perfect fit,? said Rick Dees. ?I?ve been presented with many opportunities, and the new Movin 93.9 gets me excited like I?ve never been before! We will have an All-Star team ready to deliver a great morning show for Southern California.?

Emmis Radio Division Val Maki said, ?This is one of the most exciting opportunities we?ve seen in any radio market. The potential audience has told us that they want something new and fun. The combination of this music and Rick Dees make this the perfect answer to the needs of the marketplace. We are privileged to launch this station and I applaud the entire team.?

Movin 93.9 replaces Country 93.9 KZLA. KZLA continues to be available to fans via Internet streaming as well as on Movin 93.9?s HD Radio side channel. Information concerning KZLA Internet streaming and HD Radio side channel is available at www.kzla.com.

Movin 93.9 is owned and operated by Emmis Communications (EMMS) on the NASDAQ.

---------------

This is the format that replaced Hot A/C KLSY 92.5 Seattle in May.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News