Ever worked in Detroit/Windsor?

Radio news from the USA

Re: Ever worked in Detroit/Windsor?

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

In "them thar olden days," with all the activity of cueing records, pulling and stacking carts for the next hour, juggling songs to fit the format while keeping the pace upbeat and working in as many of your personal favourites as possible, practising a layunder on the cue system 15 times ... just to be sure it was going to work, rewinding reel to reel tapes at breakneck speeds that would have put a hole in the wall if they had ever come off, using the microphone's proximity effect to obtain the best bass boost to your voice ...... you felt like you were actually producing something, as opposed to learning to voice track, or run semi-automated with one live set every 5 songs.

It was all so much fun ... really, it was..... and I was hooked on the magic of it all.....both as a creator, and as a listener to the craft of others similarly inclined.

Plus, Hag, Neumann and I had some great "giggly times" in the underground parking lot from time to time ... LOL.

Anotherwpgguy.
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby douglasm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Understand that Rosalie Trombley will be there....
douglasm
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Hope that Pat St. John makes it to the reunion. He still sounds great, doing the morning show every weekday, on '50s on 5 on Sirius/XM. He also does Deep Tracks, too, though I haven't heard him there.

Really hope the event is a huge success! The Big 8, CKLW: there never was before, or since, a Canadian station with such a huge impact on a U.S. audience. And I really doubt there ever will be again.
jon
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to US Radio News