CFAX Victoria 1070 Sounds

Stuff that doesn't fit into any other area of the site ..

CFAX Victoria 1070 Sounds

Postby devans » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 am

First off, I wasn't sure which section to post this. My apologizes if this wrong area to do so.

Does anyone on here possibly have any of the old CFAX 1070 sounds from 1988/1989 - early 90's? CFAX 1070 in Victoria celebrated its 60th anniversary on September 12, 2019 and played many of these old sounds throughout the entire day. There's also a few radio ad jingles from local companies i'm looking to find from this time, as well.

One thing i'm trying to find specifically is Terry Spence "Talk It Over" intro theme music. I only heard it play once during the 60th anniversary and unfortunately the host talked right over top of it. Tried asking the station but they can't share anything to due to usual copyright.
devans
Advanced Member

Re: CFAX Victoria 1070 Sounds

Postby albertaboy4life » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 pm

I'm sorry, I don't.

I wonder if the audio you're looking for wasn't produced by SeaCoast - CFAX's former production studio?

There's a few of us on here that have been looking for the news intro/sounder from that same period. 66 CFR Calgary used that news intro too.

You might try contacting Dale Baglo - http://www.dalebaglobroadcast.com/

He worked there at the time.

Please share if you're successful.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby RadioGuy89b » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:17 am

Our friend who has now moved out of Metro, found me that Cfax/66cfr sound. Was also used on NL and cjib.

Here is at least one

radiofan wrote:A couple of 1991 Jerry & Joanne jingles plus a news intro from Calgary's 66 CFR...

66 CFR Steen Team

RadioGuy89b
Advanced Member

Postby devans » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:57 pm

albertaboy4life wrote:I'm sorry, I don't.

I wonder if the audio you're looking for wasn't produced by SeaCoast - CFAX's former production studio?

There's a few of us on here that have been looking for the news intro/sounder from that same period. 66 CFR Calgary used that news intro too.

You might try contacting Dale Baglo - http://www.dalebaglobroadcast.com/

He worked there at the time.

Please share if you're successful.

Not much luck with Dale Baglo only has news sounder from mid 90's.
devans
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station Reunions and Miscellaneous Goings On