Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Re: Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Postby theallniter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:26 am

The P.D. of COAST RADIO at the time of the preceding post's Whitney Houston recollection (and to whom I say thank you for giving "Groovin' Blue" a home) was Terry Bell.
My pal "Jolly" John Tanner is trying to remember who the Music Director was.
I apologize for not remembering his name cuz it was he who influenced Terry's decision, as I recall.
WAGRadio 180.2 FM / 1802 AM
New World African Music
DJ ZigZag
theallniter
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm

It is interesting how many news organizations jumped on Whitney and drugs.

Let's wait for the toxicology - reason: She was a heavy cigarette smoker - and drank - to excess - my bet is that this poor woman might have had a heart attack.

Either way - a terrible waste.

Jennifer Hudson should be saluted for being able to carry off the tribute last night. The Beach Boys S U C K E D.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby theallniter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

In the world of African American ghetto life many people in their fifties and sixties plus many seventy year old entertainers (Groovin' Blue heroes)
have died from heart attacks in the last twenty years. Many more than the norm fifty years ago.
This plague has been attributed to the introduction of Crack Cocaine into said lives.
Ms. Houston was a millionaires but still, I think it will be shown, she died from her heart giving out as a result of abusing this terrible scourge.
We shall see.
WAGRadio 180.2 FM / 1802 AM
New World African Music
DJ ZigZag
theallniter
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

I have never had any contact with crack. I think your observation is rather interesting. Could there have been an agenda behind this crack scourge?
Crack is destroying so many folks, though. Not just our neighbors of the Black Community.

That being said, the death of Houston, recent overdose headlines, betray the fact that the "War on Drugs" is a complete bust.

Just reading about opiate abuse, and the dangers of benzodiazapines - makes me wonder how many folks are taking sleepers, or anti anxiety meds, and worse, taking pain killers.

Houston, we have a problem.

I didn't even get to the most insidious of all - alcohol. Take a walk down Granville Street, or any street in London England, any night,and see what alcohol is doing to our Society.

Very worrisome. Maybe some good will come out of the death of Houston. We can wait and see what the deal is, but, in that conversation, we have to take an honest look at what Prescription drug abuse, is doing to our Society.

"Mothers Little Helpers", they ain't.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

hagopian wrote:Jennifer Hudson should be saluted for being able to carry off the tribute last night (...during the Grammy Awards telecast). The Beach Boys S U C K E D.

I wouldn't know as, upon hearing Maroon 5 butchering "Surfer Girl", I promptly jammed two sharpened No.2 pencils into my ear drums.*

* (once again, I quote and credit the always hilarious Lewis Black).
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to The End Of The Road