TV legend Andy Griffith dies at 86

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

TV legend Andy Griffith dies at 86

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 am

From TMZ

Andy Griffith, an icon of TV, has died ... this according to Andy's close friend, former UNC President Bill Friday.

Griffith, who became famous for "The Andy Griffith Show," passed away at his home in Manteo, North Carolina this morning.

Friday broke the news to WITN News in North Carolina.

In addition to starring in his show and the subsequent "Mayberry R.F.D.," Griffith was a Grammy award-winning southern gospel singer. Of course, Griffith also starred in the long-running series, "Matlock" and often made guest appearances in other shows, including "Dawson's Creek."

There's a famous statue of Andy and Opie -- played by Ron Howard -- in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Griffith was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by George W. Bush in 2005.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/03/andy-griffith-dies-dead/
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: TV legend Andy Griffith dies at 86

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 am

Andy's just gone fishin'.

"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby pieinthesky » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 am

Wow... I thought this guy would live into his 100s. My condolences to his family and friends.

Sad news indeed :(
pieinthesky
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 am

One more day and he would have passed on the 4th of July; how poetic that would have been for a man who was, unarguably, an American icon.
(Side Note) Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on the same day, July 4th, 1826, Jefferson first and then Adams later in the day. Adams almost certainly did not learn of Jefferson's passing prior to his own, owing to the distances of the time.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road