RIP Robert Culp

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

RIP Robert Culp

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:57 pm

courtesy of gasoline alley antiques

Robert Martin Culp (August 16, 1930 – March 24, 2010)[1] was an American actor and scriptwriter, perhaps best known for his work in television. Culp earned an international reputation for his role as Kelly Robinson on I Spy (1965-1968), the espionage series, where he and co-star Bill Cosby played a pair of secret agents.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: RIP Robert Culp

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks for posting that Jack!

Culp died on March 24, 2010 after a fall that took place outside his Los Angeles home.
Robert Culp was 79 years old at the time of his dealth.
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Sorry to read of this. He could play comedic or dramatic very well.
Enjoyed him in 'Greatest American Hero'!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 pm

I guess his series "I Spy" was the one I enjoyed the most....serious one minute....something funny the next.
We've lost so many lately, not only Robert Culp, but Fess Parker too....I hadn't been in Canada that long when Davey Crockett hit the screen, I think it was on Sunday afternoons....it gave me something about American history when I was feeling somewhat down on leaving England for the new frontier myself.
I am reminded almost daily lately that time is, indeed, marching on in my life. One has to remember to keep smiling...keep going and keep sharp. Yes, 71 isn't old, except according to The Province, a story a week or so ago, referred to a 72-year-old as an old-age citizen. All I need is Michael Smyth on my back and I will feel old.

As another radio veteran once said, "Cheers customers".
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 pm

So John did you see the picture of you on radiowest lately?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:28 pm

no, sorry, have been somewhat consumed with medical stuff and not paying attention. tell me more.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7288

look for pix in John West thread
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Slip Q » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

johnsykes wrote:no, sorry, have been somewhat consumed with medical stuff and not paying attention. tell me more.

Jack Bennest wrote:http://www.radiowest.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7288

look for pix in John West thread

Have either of you two clowns ever wondered what the PM button is for or maybe you even have MSN Messenger or maybe even e-mail?
Since when is a radio (or any other) message board the place to be passing little personal messages back and forth that have nothing
whatsoever to do with the board?

Christ almighty, whats next? One of you asking for a recipe for mashed potatoes or maybe some help with your crocheting?
Slip Q
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

So, the original thread was about the passing of Robert Culp.....not exactly a radio subject either. If you don't like digression once in a while, then you're going to really get fed up.

Hey Jack, you ever tried Black Eyed Peas? :mousewalk
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

John, I'm having a hard time visualizing you and Mrs Sykes going for a cruise in the family car with a Black Eyed Peas CD blasting away.
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 pm

45 RPM wrote:John, I'm having a hard time visualizing you and Mrs Sykes going for a cruise in the family car with a Black Eyed Peas CD blasting away.

You're under the impression John wasn't refering to the vegetable, as mentioned in Bobbie Gentry's, Ode To Billie Joe.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

You all may be quite surprised with my music collection......but this is not what the thread is about. I'm feeling guilty...better go to another thread eh?
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Slip Q wrote:Have either of you two clowns ever wondered what the PM button is for or maybe you even have MSN Messenger or maybe even e-mail? Since when is a radio (or any other) message board the place to be passing little personal messages back and forth that have nothing whatsoever to do with the board? Christ almighty, whats next? One of you asking for a recipe for mashed potatoes or maybe some help with your crocheting?
:tail

John do you use instant potato mix in the box? :mousewalk Could you send one of your crochet needles?

Note to SlapPea - the board is for all the users not just :bom: you. Would Robert Culp mind? You should try starting a post so we can talk about our favourite subject - hockey.

Just clownin around, slappin the boards bangin the sticks and tearin off our jackets :sad1:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 pm

I think I'll start a rumour about Slip Q..........maybe he's an alias for the B. Brothers. :bom:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 pm

johnsykes wrote:I think I'll start a rumour about Slip Q..........maybe he's an alias for the B. Brothers. :bom:

John... you keep saying you're sorry and this thread is about something else, then fall into the 'Artist Formerly Known as TD's' musings. If you'd like some notes on how to do a successful thread diversion, I'd be happy to send you some.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Next

Return to The End Of The Road