Acting Legend Lynn Redgrave Dead at 67

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Acting Legend Lynn Redgrave Dead at 67

Postby Steve Sanderson » Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 am

Lynn Redgrave, a stage and screen actress who rose to fame as the titular Georgy Girl in the 1960s,
has passed away after a battle with breast cancer. ...
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Re: Acting Legend Lynn Redgrave Dead at 67

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Mon May 03, 2010 9:59 am

Incredibly, only nominated twice for an Oscar (best actress for Georgy Girl and the same for Gods and Monsters) and never won!
Should've been nominated for supporting actress for her less-than-a-minute screen-time as "the last interview subject" in "Kinsey".
If you've ever heard the expression: "..there are no small roles, only small actors"...well...in that performance, she demonstrated exactly what that's about.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Re: Acting Legend Lynn Redgrave Dead at 67

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 am

I would call her sister the legend

Vanessa Redgraves remains the only British actress to ever have won the Oscar, Emmy, Tony, Cannes, Golden Globe and the Screen Actors Guild awards. She was also the recipient of the 2010 Bafta Fellowship for "Outstanding Contribution to Film".

A member of the Redgrave family of actors, she is the daughter of Sir Michael Redgrave, sister of the late Lynn Redgrave and Corin Redgrave, and the mother of Hollywood actresses Joely Richardson and the late Natasha Richardson.

source wiki
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road