Gary Coleman dead at 42

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Gary Coleman dead at 42

Postby Russ_Byth » Fri May 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Originally posted May 28th 2010 11:36 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST. He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42. He was best-known for his role as Arnold Jackson in the TV series Diff'rent Strokes.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

Last edited by Russ_Byth on Fri May 28, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: Gary Coleman dead at 42

Postby Steve Sanderson » Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

What you talkin' about Willis??
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Re: Gary Coleman dead at 42

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Too bad. While you may think of him as a child actor with a genetic problem which limited his size, he had a life little known by the general public.

Gary Coleman was an excellent model railway builder, and had an extensive, high quality layout in his basement which was featured in several model railroad magazines.

Gary also enjoyed model trains so much that he worked part-time at a model railroad shop for several years ... mainly so he could meet and talk to many fellow model railroad enthusiasts.

It was my pleasure to find him on the other end of the phone when I called to place a mail order for a particular used brass steam locomotive in HO scale that came from an estate sale.

Now I guess there will be an estate sale for his trains, and someone else will enjoy them.

http://rationreality.com/2007/08/29/gar ... -american/

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road