Singer Eddie Fisher passes away

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Singer Eddie Fisher passes away

Postby Russ_Byth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm

"Reliable sources tell me that Eddie Fisher has died," according to deadline.com's Nikki Finke.

"He was 82. The singer and entertainer and TV star of his own show and co-star of films Bundle Of Joy and Butterfield 8 had his heyday in the 1950s," the online report noted.

"But Fisher is best known for having been married to Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor, and Connie Stevens and for fathering multitalent Carrie Fisher and TV actress Joely Fisher. He created quite the worldwide scandal when he dumped his first wife, America's sweetheart Reynolds, to marry his best friend's widow, America's sex symbol Taylor, who then dumped him for Richard Burton." Finke noted.

Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: Singer Eddie Fisher passes away

Postby Russ_Byth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 pm

The dangers of not checking things. I wonder how many Canadian announcers are going to air with this piece from The Canadian Press and not looking for inconsistencies...

Eddie Fisher, '50s pop singer, dies at age 86 ; career was overshadowed by marital scandal
By Raquel Maria Dillon (CP) – 14 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Eddie Fisher, whose huge fame as a pop singer was overshadowed by scandals ending his marriages to Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor, has died. He was 85.

after that is the back ground stuff before this:

Edwin Jack Fisher was born Aug. 10, 1928, in Philadelphia

(That part is correct, you can do the math)
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: Singer Eddie Fisher passes away

Postby Steve Sanderson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:59 pm

My sources at Hollywoodmemoir.com have him at 82 also.

"Fisher died on September 22, 2010, of complications from hip surgery at a hospital in Berkeley, CA. Eddie Fisher was 82 years old at the time of his death."
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road