Old Time Radio Shows

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:29 pm

Being a newcomer here, I hope this hasn't been shared before. If anyone's an old time radio show fan like me.... I was first introduced to them operating Jack Cullen's Show in the late 70's... I found this great site where you can buy them. They're in mp3 format, so keep that in mind, but you get upwards of 30-40 shows on a disc for about 5 bucks. I've ordered a number of Jack Benny and The Shadow over the past year and every disc has been a winner. Check out the website and see the thousands of shows that are available.
Cheers!
Russ

http://www.otrcat.com/
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 pm

Russ_Byth wrote: Being a newcomer here, I hope this hasn't been shared before. If anyone's an old time radio show fan like me.... I was first introduced to them operating Jack Cullen's Show in the late 70's... I found this great site where you can buy them. They're in mp3 format, so keep that in mind, but you get upwards of 30-40 shows on a disc for about 5 bucks. I've ordered a number of Jack Benny and The Shadow over the past year and every disc has been a winner. Check out the website and see the thousands of shows that are available.
Cheers!
Russ

http://www.otrcat.com/

You opped for Cullen?! That's great! Do you have any tapes left over from those days?
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:36 pm

Heard It On The X wrote:You opped for Cullen?! That's great! Do you have any tapes left over from those days?

Nah, nothing like that. He was still live for the first two hours of the show in those days. Only thing taped was Network Replay from 11-Mid. It wasn't the 'old' Cullen of the 60's then either.... none of the big studio parties downtown or a Brentwood. He'd moved his stuff to that small strip mall in Burnaby just north of the Lougheed Hiway between Sperling and Holdom. Still, there were some good times when 'buds' would drop by, but the Politically Correct days of radio were starting to kick in about then.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics