*CLIFFORD OLSON DEAD*

*CLIFFORD OLSON DEAD*

Postby Tape Splicer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:16 pm

The following is from the CTV/BC web page.....

Victim's family celebrates death of Clifford Olson

By: Darcy Wintonyk, ctvbc.ca
Date: Friday Sep. 30, 2011 3:54 PM PT
The sister of one of notorious serial killer Clifford Olson's victims says news of his death is "amazing."

Olson, who once called himself "the Beast of B.C." and infamously tormented his victims' families from prison, died at the age of 71 on Friday.

Earlier this month it was revealed Olson was gravely ill with cancer and was transferred to a Quebec hospital.

Trudy Court, whose 13-year-old sister Ada was murdered in 1981, says she will spend the weekend celebrating the news with her family.

"It's fantastic, wonderful. I'm walking on air," she told ctvbc.ca in a telephone interview from her Kamloops, B.C., home.

"We're going to raise some glasses tonight."

Ada disappeared while waiting for a bus after babysitting for someone in the same apartment complex where Olson lived. Her body was found two months later.

Olson was serving 11 consecutive life sentences after being convicted in 1982 of killing eight girls and three boys in British Columbia.

He was eligible for parole after 25 years, although that request has never been granted.

Last November, Olson said that he would never apply for parole again after his request was denied by the National Parole Board.

Olson pleaded guilty to the murders, which occurred in Metro Vancouver area in 1981.

The admission followed a deal that paid Olson $100,000 to lead police to the remains of his young victims. The case -- especially the blood-money payoff -- sparked a storm of controversy that engulfed senior B.C. justice authorities for years.

Olson never expressed regret or remorse for the murders and told authorities he had actually killed more than 100 victims.

Court said she has been haunted by seeing her sister's killer at parole hearings in the 30 years since the teen's murder, but maintains she was never afraid of him.

"I'm a fighter. It was initially unsettling but you just look at the man and see him for what he was. He was a monster," she said.

Court said news of Olson's passing means her family can finally put to rest a horrible chapter in their lives.

"We can finally get some peace."

Corrections Canada says Olson will be buried, not cremated, so that his DNA is not lost. The place of interment has not been revealed.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: *CLIFFORD OLSON DEAD*

Postby Steve Sanderson » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Good riddance.
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am

I've often wondered how tempting it would have been for any of the RCMP officers who accompanied Olsen on his paid search for bodies to "accidently" pull the trigger a few times and get
rid of that piece of human garbage then and there?

They would have saved the taxpayers of Canada a whole lot of money and the families of the victims could have gotten on with their lives much sooner.

Just my .02 cents.

:cat2:
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:02 pm

kat wrote:I've often wondered how tempting it would have been for any of the RCMP officers who accompanied Olsen on his paid search for bodies to "accidently" pull the trigger a few times and get
rid of that piece of human garbage then and there?

They would have saved the taxpayers of Canada a whole lot of money and the families of the victims could have gotten on with their lives much sooner.

Just my .02 cents.

:cat2:

Believe me...I know it was discussed at the time.
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Mr. Sanderson, sadly, you are right.

I think the RCMP showed restraint.

That slime Olson destroyed and humiliated and eviscerated every good human value, that we all hold dear.

Cannot imagine the Families, nor anyone involved in this travesty will ever get over it.

They saved his DNA.

Gosh - there are some really creepy bipeds out there, and this guy, Olson, I hope has a special place reserved. SPECIAL.

Now some closure for many people.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Firedog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

May the S.O.B. burn in hell 11 or more times longer than anyone else down there. A 50 cent bullet would have saved millions of dollars for the Feds and given sooner closure for the victims families. You're right Steve...good riddance.
We are running in, when everybody else is running out.
Firedog
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Hopefully as time passes all those who were touched by this evil evil man will be able to move on and find some kind of healing. I also hope that the media allows this story to die. Following the surviving family members and asking them their reaction to his death only dredges up the pain and suffering that they've had to be endured for 31 long years. It's sad to think that there will be those who will try to make money off of olson's death. My hope is that there are no book deals or movies or any thing that keeps this tragic horror in our faces.Do I really think this will be the case, sadly no. Someone will always want to delve into the horror and slime and evil that was olson.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics