Anyone able to help?

Postby johnsykes » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:37 pm

My one and only venture into TV...1986 I think it was....a very brief outing on CKVU Sportspage. I have a feature on TV cassette (one inch??) I did on U.S. skier Billy Johnson at Whistler in advance of a World Cup Downhill. I'd sure like to transfer it to something I can save or play from.....regular videotape or even a DVD. Anyone have any ideas? Remember, I'm an old cheap son of a .......gun. Thanks
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby raverocks » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:55 pm

John, what you need is a new handy dandy device that records TV or other video source onto either a harddrive or a DVD. The box I got (a hand me down) is a Lite-On LVW-5045 with 160 GB harddrive and DVD burner. I've seen similar devices advertised for around $199 to $249 at Future Shop/Best Buy. I no longer record anything on VHS (for a couple of years now) and everything goes on the HD for later viewing. Hunt for one that reads DIVX disks if you download stuff from the Internet.
Find me on Twitter @RaveRocks101 and on You-Tube
raverocks
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeah, but I've got this humungous VTR tape......I think it's twice the size of the regular VCR tapes.

Guess I'll have to break down and ask Jamie then.......mind you, I've been such a bad person, PSR won't even let me read all those interesting posts they get....I'm not only banned, barred etc...I guess I've been excommunicated too.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:41 am

I'm not only banned, barred etc...I guess I've been excommunicated too.

Come on John, you're almost starting to sound like Saddam Hussein here.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics