Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:24 am

how many of you familiar with mixes, club music and the resurrection of

TranceAirWaves

I will leave you with this site

http://www.tranceairwaves.com
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby raverocks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:51 am

Thank you for adding a link to that site. I just received notification that I have been given a DJ time slot at tranceairwaves.com when they sign back on the air on the 1st of February. I don't know the exact time and when I do, I'll post the information here.
Find me on Twitter @RaveRocks101 and on You-Tube
raverocks
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am

The music has never gone away, it's just more popular in the rest of the world than it is in North America.
In Canada, Toronto and Montreal are the hot spots for this and in the states, it's NYC.
I don't know whether it's a viable over-the-air format but it can work on-line.
The stream has to be high quality and full frequency though or the fans won't stay.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby raverocks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:28 pm

The stuff I play reminds me more of Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield or Santana than it does of pop dance music. I've had comments from fans that my sets sound like old-time progressive rock FM that used to flow. Trying to get decision makers to actually listen to this stuff is beyond difficult. Hopefully, the exposure I'll get on tranceairwaves will amount to something.

If anyone is interested in hearing one of my sets, send me a pm and I'll send back a yousendit link. I could post one here in the forum, but I'm not sure if the rules allow for stuff like that.
raverocks
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Is it necessary to ingest mass quantities of pharmaceutical products to properly appreciate the music that is trance? If so it might explain why it hasn't gone mainstream.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby raverocks » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Some would say that to fully appreciate Pink Floyd or Hendrix or the Grateful Dead that you had to be blasted on pot. There were those who could only appreciate disco if they did a few lines of coke. Neither of those two genres had a problem making it to the mainstream.

Trance (in Europe) is massive without a heavy drug following. Sure, there are those who partake in mind altering substances before listening to trance, but I know of people who take or smoke drugs before going to an opera or the symphony.

The reason I think trance hasn't made it to these shores is because radio programmers are beer drinkers and pot smokers and that the record industry has an agreement with the musician's union to highly limit the parallel release of non-North American artists on this continent. This agreement was secretly put in place prior to 'Disco Destruction'.

Every generation has had it's favourite inebrient. To deny that is to forget the influence that alcohol and drugs have had on music since the 50's when pot and heroin were heavily used by some singers who are now widely respected big name stars, many of whom are also quite dead. The sixties brought us acid (Beatles). The seventies saw coke explode onto the scene. ETC.
raverocks
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics