i-News... Why does Apple Inc. get a free ride?

Re: i-News... Why does Apple Inc. get a free ride?

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Big Voice wrote:Kendrick, it’s obvious you have a strange fixation on Apple’s free publicity, but it seems a little over the top.
Why do you care so much about a company that has so masterfully captured the imagination of not only the public, but the media?

I think he's just happy someone is paying attention and 'talking' to him.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 pm

From the Urban Dictionary:

"1. iSheep: A follower of the Apple cult regardless of the usefulness or real worth of the product. Believes without question the cult propaganda which installs the almost mythological belief that what they have just bought is the fastest or most user friendly product ever, only to be re-sold the same product, with a few minor tweaks, a few months later with the same rhetoric and complete disregard for reality."
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby CKNF » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:40 pm

J Kendrick wrote:From the Urban Dictionary:

"1. iSheep: A follower of the Apple cult regardless of the usefulness or real worth of the product. Believes without question the cult propaganda which installs the almost mythological belief that what they have just bought is the fastest or most user friendly product ever, only to be re-sold the same product, with a few minor tweaks, a few months later with the same rhetoric and complete disregard for reality."

Ohh...okay, that ,makes sense now. You're just one of those passionate 'anyone but Apple' types. Dude, it's just a bloody electronics company. In the 80s it was all about Sony. The 90s it was Microsoft. Today it is Apple. Get over it man. Bigger battles to fight in life. Geez... :roll:
CKNF
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 pm

CKNF wrote:Ohh...okay, that ,makes sense now. You're just one of those passionate 'anyone but Apple' types.

Nope. Wrong again.

Objectivity in journalism. A level playing field for all. Special treatment for none.

... and that includes Apple Inc.
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby CKNF » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

J Kendrick wrote:
CKNF wrote:
Nope. Wrong again.

Objectivity in journalism. A level playing field for all. Special treatment for none.

...and I say you just have a chip on your shoulder over Apple. It's a trend now, so totally understandable. It's all good man. :cool:
CKNF
Advanced Member

Postby Ross Ewage » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

J Kendrick wrote:
CKNF wrote:Ohh...okay, that ,makes sense now. You're just one of those passionate 'anyone but Apple' types.

Nope. Wrong again.

Why does Mr Kendrick get a free ride promoting i-News 880?
Ross Ewage
Advanced Member

Re: iNews... Why does Apple Inc. get a free ride?

Postby J Kendrick » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 am

Ross Ewage wrote:Why does Mr Kendrick get a free ride promoting i-News 880?

?????

The last time I was anywhere near Edmonton was in 1969....

iCarumba...
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Re: iNews... Why does Apple Inc. get a free ride?

Postby J Kendrick » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 am

Radio and TV stations make their money by selling their commercial air-time to commercial companies that are advertising commercial products.

Apple Inc. is a major commercial company advertising just such a commercial product.

Newscasts are not commercial air-time.

If Apple Inc. wants to push their products on radio or TV, then they should be called upon to pay for their commercial air-time to advertise their products... just like everyone else.
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am

There could be an argument made that coverage of new computer products falls under the "Consumer news" umbrella, or perhaps observations of changes in lifestyle and culture.

Taken another way, it's "Look at all these dorks lining up and fawning over some sort of indication of the second coming."

It's big news alright, but to a limited few ... and that limited few seems to be in charge of deciding the nightly line-up.

What gets me are items that appear in newscasts that are bold-faced promos for other shows in a network's line up, like local contestants for The Batchelor, or what The Fifth Estate is uncovering this week.

Also questionable are well-intentioned charity stunts such as CTV Edmonton's Rink of Dreams, where station staff play shinny to raise dollars while eating up 10 minutes of news time each night for a week.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 pm

freqfreak2 wrote:There could be an argument made that coverage of new computer products falls under the "Consumer news" umbrella, or perhaps observations of changes in lifestyle and culture.

Taken another way, it's "Look at all these dorks lining up and fawning over some sort of indication of the second coming."

The 2010 Norwegian TV documentary "The Light Bulb Conspiracy" sums up the products of companies like Apple, et al, quite nicely:

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8y8o&gl=CA
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

I would suggest Kendrick not watch the news tonight, as the new iPad went on sale today.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Apple stock is going to crash, like a CISL Zeppelin.

Ridiculous.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:24 pm

hagopian wrote:Apple stock is going to crash, like a CISL Zeppelin.

Ridiculous.

OK hagopian... as Bill Mahr would say "New Rule"... for every 50 negative posts you make, you have to make 1 positive one.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Done.

Here's a couple.

How about my comments about Hault, Rita Woodman, Bruce Williams? Huh?

To make you even happier....this is my last post.

My best to RadioFan.

Out.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:I would suggest Kendrick not watch the news tonight, as the new iPad went on sale today.

Yup... It went on sale today... Some guy from California flies down to Melbourne, Australia to be first in line... posts his pre-dawn tear down of the thing on-line... and it turns out that the new 3.1 million pixel display everyone is now raving about... appears to be supplied by... wait for it...

... Samsung...

...and the end result of all this misplaced euphoria and untold thousands of people now falling for a clever marketing pitch is ...

It's now cheaper to by an entry level iPad than it is to buy a single share of Apple Inc.

Good Grief. P.T. Barnum was right. :neutral:
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non Radio Related Topics