New MSoft Surface - thoughts?

New MSoft Surface - thoughts?

Postby hagopian » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I just got my new MSoft Surface.

Think MAC has this product beaten with a stick.

It is typical MSoft intrusive and not killer fast.

Keyboard is iffy.

WHAT say you?
hagopian
Advanced Member

Re: New MSoft Surface - thoughts?

Postby jon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

I was actually quite interested when I first discovered that Windows Phone 8 still doesn't let you install your own standard Windows applications, but everything has to be "App-ized" and bought from the App Store.

Then I discovered the price of Surface models that actually let you install standard Windows applications: about $1400, as I recall. And these models aren't even available yet.

The current models are about half the price but run on Windows RT and only allow you to install Apps from The Apps Store. I bought a Samsung ATIV S instead, which runs Windows Phone 8, and will upgrade my wife's HP netbook from 1GB to 2GB of memory for $20, so I can upgrade from Win7 Starter to Win8 Pro for $39.99 before the sale ends at the end of this month.

Bottom line: I can't afford the model of Surface that would be of interest to me.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: New MSoft Surface - thoughts?

Postby hagopian » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 pm

You nailed it.

WAY OVER PRICED and the keyboard blows. The Camera is serviceable. The app store is lame. The Movie store, well - the whole thing Is CHEEZY.

give the Ipad an 8.9

Surface 3.1

AVOID like the plague. I wasted my money - stupid of them to try and beat Apple at its own game.

Paul Allen must be upset.

G A R B A G E. Small screen blows.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics