Why is the Fukushima Story not being covered?

Why is the Fukushima Story not being covered?

Postby hagopian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm

I am woe to post stuff like this - but we have NOT been getting the TRUTH about how desperate the situation is = and BC is right in the crosshairs.

This is NOT science fiction: Please paste the following URL in your browser. It makes for terrifying reading. I am sorry.

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-apocalypse-years-of-duct-tape-fixes-could-result-in-millions-of-deaths/
hagopian
Advanced Member

Re: Why is the Fukushima Story not being covered?

Postby slowhand » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 pm

The same reason that Chemtrails only get mentioned in the main stream media when they are dispelling the rumour of their existence.

This story has as much credibility as the one posted on this board just after the original Japanese nuclear disaster. You know, the one about all the coastal populations of the Canadian and U.S. West Coast all dying from the nuclear-contaminated water and garbage that would wash up a year later after it crossed the Pacific Ocean. The year has passed, the garbage has arrived and no one in North America is any worse for the wear.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Let's agree to disagree. Things are unfolding. I am hoping you are right. You didn't have to bring up chemtrails!

LOL.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks for the understanding. Many people I know, myself included, have a difficult time adapting to a new media era where the cost of entry to publish worldwide is close to zero. We are no longer in an age when the National Enquirer is the only place to find stories published that a junior high school science education would easily dispel. I spend far too much time having to address them to friends and relatives who see them, which makes me a tad touchy.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Ah yes - Alex Jones and his infowars - the 'more guns, less crime' guy.
The chemtrails comment was appropriate.
The guy is a right wing, 2nd Amendment extremist.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I was lucky to meet and visit with ten students from Bandai, Japan August 2nd - not far from the site of tsunami - they looked healthy.

Most of us look healthy

I am not sure why we think there is anything to the conspiracy theorists. I kinna (sp) like living in oblivion, swimming and cavorting about in the Okanagan.

Skies are clear. Snowbirds left a trail of smoke but that was great entertainment.

:worthybow: Hag - I think you need a job at a golf course like Sykes.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Jack....I am banned from golf courses as a public danger.

I thought long and hard about posting this. I believe this is a major league mess....and we are being lied to.

I can take the abuse. I wonder how the folks cleaning the once pristine beaches around Long Beach feel these days?

The bottom of the entire north Pacific is filled with gosh knows what.

What does this mean for the eco system, or do you think that is chemtrail science too?
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:37 pm

No intent to insult (abuse) buddy but I think you need to take a camera and document the beach mess and I guarantee radiofan and I will publicize this on here and on new news blogs, rafe mair etc.

I have heard no reports from David Suzuki or other tree huggers about this. If it was a serious problem I do trust the main stream media (Vancouver Sun - the Hume Brothers) CBC - Fifth Estate to tell us.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Finally found the old thread I was referring to (December 2011):
slowhand wrote:
hagopian wrote:Love to get Norad to look at Fukushima garbage, that will destroy your way of life...and it is that bad. The beauty of the areas of the coast we love so much have about 18 months before radioactive everything hits.
The most heartbreaking is Hawaii. The beloved iles will be three years to figure out how to save the reefs and beaches from the inexirable tide.
The images are startling and the impact will be unbelievable.
Question?
Why is no one talking about this in MSM?

My belated Christmas wish is that everyone who comes out of the closet and admits to believing this kind of unscientific nonsense in any public forum, would be forced to put up a large amount of cash for a neutral party to hold as a wager against the rest of us who think we know better.

I say Unscientific because even a junior high school education in Physics would tell you that dispersing the radiation from the Japanese nuclear disaster into a volume of water as large as the Pacific Ocean will dilute it to the point that would make a routine dental x-ray look more harmful. To answer your last question, most of those in Mainstream Medium MSM attended junior high.

Myself, I'm putting my money where my mouth is and just invested fairly heavily in a company's stock that does some work maintaining nuclear power plants. I'll lose my shirt in 18 months if I'm wrong.

I think the main point here is that the volume of water in the Pacific Ocean is huge. Getting one part per million of anything to exist in the Pacific Ocean once it swirled around for a while would require more than the sum total of the world's industrial output of nasty stuff.

On that basis, I feel fairly confident is saying that the atmosphere is more contaminated with pollution than the Pacific Ocean. Although I wouldn't want to trust my health in a major Chinese industrial city, I think the world's average level of air pollution is not hurting people in any meaningful way, so why should I worry about an ocean as large as The Pacific?

On the other hand, species at the top of the ocean food chain, like tuna, do concentrate heavy metal pollution throughout their lives and are a significant food safety concern if consumed too frequently. Mercury is the major issue.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:58 pm

The main stream media these days only tells you what it's told to tell you.
If it involves spending time or especially money investigating a story and placing blame on someone's doorstep, forget it.
Handouts get 'golly gee whiz this is wonderful" treatment, no questions asked, no opposing views given.
Content is stolen from Google, Yahoo, bloggers, listeners and viewers, YouTube and other "news" media but it's mostly about the Bigassians and Just-in Barfer and their ilk.
If it's bad news and there's big money behind it, you won't see or hear it questioned and it'll be buried among the junk.
Anyone can publish anything on the internet and 90 per cent of the sheeple will gobble it up, no questions asked.
The MSM forgot what their job was back in the '90s.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm

I was quoted here - for something I didn't say. Weird/
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 pm

hagopian wrote:I was quoted here - for something I didn't say. Weird/

Sure looks like you here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11076&p=12812599#p12812599
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 pm

CBS just did an on the ground story on Fukushima. If you think this is no big deal and fear mongering, it is NOT - and the plume of radiation has us in the cross hairs.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby former tv guy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Tom Jeffries wrote:CBS just did an on the ground story on Fukushima. If you think this is no big deal and fear mongering, it is NOT - and the plume of radiation has us in the cross hairs.

So along with the fear mongering, what else are you doing... moving?
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Greetings,
Have been reading this. I agree with you Jack and others about the over-reaction to this. Personally I do not believe it poses a serious health risk to anyone in B.C. unless you happen to be eating raw fish from the Pacific that has become contaminated or other seafood like that! As far as infowars and Alex Jones go much of what he talks about is pure sensationalism, yeah there is a bit of truth to some of it but in my opinion the guy is out to create headlines at any cost!!! I have heard him many times on Coast to Coast AM and even on my wi-fi radio. I have friends who really like him. He can do an interesting radio program to catch your attention, I will give him that but bottom line for me is I am not a fan!!! I have a couple of friends that really like him and to each their own but for me I generally do not go for all the sensationalism etc.. It was a terrible thing that happened in Japan with that Earthquake and it created a lot of problems there for sure but lets not over-react and think its the end of the world from clouds of radiation out to get us over in Canada! Sorry I just don't buy that!!!!

Having said that I wil definitely say something really should be done about extreme safety for nucleur power reactors worldwide! I mean major work and money and effort should be sent everywhere to make sure these nucleur power facilities are as safe as possible under all sorts of situations including extreme weather and earthquakes!!! I am a very strong believer in alternative energy other than nuke power! Thermal Energy from the ground is one thing I think we should be checking out more and different methods of capturing solar and infra-red as well as Tidal Power. I am sure there are a lot of good energy sources available that we have not even explored! With all the rf energy out there from microwaves, cell phones, radio etc.. what about using free rf energy and converting it. I have some great radio projects in 60s electronic magazines on powering a transistor radio you build with a separate power supply that uses rf energy from the airwaves. You can power up rechargable batteries and also have a separate antenna hooked to the power supply to receive rf energy. Now that project is way back in the 60s when cell phone towers were nil and much less rf energy at higher frequencies than now in the two thousand and teens. I am sure with high tech components and circuits a lot more could be done to power things from free rf energy in the local atmosphere!!! So in my opinion there are some very good alternatives in power to nucleur energy out there!

Take care everyone and don't go swimming or surfing off Long Beach if you think that radiation is out to get ya!!!!

73s, Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Non Radio Related Topics