Why is the Fukushima Story not being covered?

Re: Why is the Fukushima Story not being covered?

Postby hagopian » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

I sure wish I had chosen a quote from the Japanese media and not INFOWARS. I think, sadly, the critics of Mr. Jones credibility, have a point.

I am just concerned when my Japanese based landlord tells me he has to leave Japan. You can all make what you want about Fukushima. The attitude to tsunami in that part of Japan was 'whatever' - and look what happened.

Your criticism of chosen verbiage is up to you. I just think it's a HUGE story and it is being buried. Chernobyl was a walk in the park compared to this. Sorry.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:12 pm

hagopian wrote:I sure wish I had........

I am not too sure which one of you 'I" to believe :occasion5:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Radiation from Japan nuclear plant arrives on Alaska coast - Scientists at the University of Alaska are concerned about radiation leaking from Japan's damaged Fukushima nuclear plant, and the lack of a monitoring plan.

Some radiation has arrived in northern Alaska and along the west coast. That's raised concern over contamination of fish and wildlife. More may be heading toward coastal communities like Haines and Skagway.

Douglas Dasher, a researcher at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, says radiation levels in Alaskan waters could reach Cold War levels.
"The levels they are projecting in some of the models are in the ballpark of what they saw in the North Pacific in the 1960s," he said.

John Kelley, a professor emeritus at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, says he's not sure contamination will reach dangerous levels for humans but says without better data, who will know?

"The data they will need is not only past data but current data, and if no one is sampling anything then we won't really know it, will we?

http://tinyurl.com/kexwk59
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Below is a link to NHK Japan Word (English) web site that provides audio streams of news from Japan. The site also has links on the TV page of Japanese related stories.
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/radio/program/
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 pm

I went to "wwitv" and found this link for NHK Japan World LIVE feed for TV. There is more than hard news here. Like other international broadcasters the channel highlights Japanese history and culture.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/w/movie/
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Twitter is alve with #fukushima information. I am terrible at Science and so - I will just try and absorb what is being disseminated.
I am wondering about this Tuna Sandwich, it’s glowing.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:14 pm

While the above two links I posted will take you to the KHK TV stream and the english web page; The link below will take you to the latest english news from NHK.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/rj/asx/en/english.asx This news is updated several times aday and is an "on demand" feature of NHK
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: Suzuki on Fukushima

Postby hagopian » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:58 am

David Suzuki has issued an ominous warning about the state of Fukushima's nuclear power plant.
"Fukushima is the most terrifying situation I can imagine," the environmental activist and host of the Nature of Things said last week at the University of Alberta's symposium "Letting in the Light: Science to Guide Public Water Policy in the 21st Century."
"Three out of the four plants were destroyed in the earthquake and in the tsunami. The fourth one has been so badly damaged that the fear is, if there's another earthquake of a seven or above that, that building will go and then all hell breaks loose. And the probably of a seven or above earthquake in the next three years is over 95 per cent," Suzuki said.
He added that a recent study found another earthquake could require evacuation of the entire North American coast — and as for Japan — "bye bye," Suzuki said.

http://tinyurl.com/mu5kave
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby xwdcatvb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:30 pm

hagopian wrote:I am woe to post stuff like this - but we have NOT been getting the TRUTH about how desperate the situation is = and BC is right in the crosshairs.

]

Mebbe also look at this, and especially the last paragraph:

http://www.livescience.com/39067-fukush ... -know.html
xwdcatvb
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Reads like a corporate handout. Sorry.

There is a lot more to this than YOU and I are privvy to.

This whole thing has been a massive coverup - wait until the junk hits the beach in LA.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 pm

5. How does Fukushima compare with the Chernobyl meltdown?

The Fukushima plant's meltdown in 2011 is considered the worst nuclear disaster since the Chernobyl meltdown in Ukraine in 1986. Although both were given an INES rating of 7, far more radiation was released at Chernobyl — about 10 times as much as at Fukushima, NPR reported. And the health consequences a Fukushima to date have been much less severe.

The Chernobyl meltdown involved the explosion of an entire reactor that sent out a plume of radiation over a wide area. Many people nearby drank contaminated milk and later developed thyroid cancer.

By contrast, Fukushima's radioactive cores remained mostly protected, and much of the radioactive material has been carried out to sea, far from human populations. People in risky areas were evacuated, and contaminated food was kept out of stores. While the long-term health risks are unknown, the World Health Organization said there is very little public health risk outside of the 18-mile evacuation zone.

Those are the last few paragraphs being referred to in the last two posts. The author is quoting National Public Radio and the World Health Organization, hardly toadies to corporate america.

David Suzuki is certainly a nice person. I was even served salmon cooked over alder wood by him back in the eighties at a function he volunteered at.

He has been making alarmist predictions since the Sixties and his track record is dismal in terms of how many came true.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Dave L » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 am

Why is Hanford not in the news? It's the most contaminated site on the planet.

Nuclear waste has been negligently sitting in hundreds of single walled corroding tanks and leaking into the Columbia River for decades. They cannot even test most of these tanks without fear of explosion, let alone clean them up.

They've knowingly and secretively released radiation in the past and we have no assurances none will be released in the future.

Fukushima pales in comparison.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 pm

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima -

Is this all guff>? I wonder what is true.....NOTICE though - MSM reports nothing on Fukushima......why?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-signs-that-the-west-coast-is-being-absolutely-fried-with-nuclear-radiation-from-fukushima/5355280

This is JUST one Nuke site. I agree with other posts that there are other problem Nuke plants and storage facilities.....but this really is a must read and then make up your own mind.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:27 pm

hagopian wrote:28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima -

Is this all guff>? I wonder what is true.....NOTICE though - MSM reports nothing on Fukushima......why?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-signs-that-the-west-coast-is-being-absolutely-fried-with-nuclear-radiation-from-fukushima/5355280

This is JUST one Nuke site. I agree with other posts that there are other problem Nuke plants and storage facilities.....but this really is a must read and then make up your own mind.

I am curious hagopian.
You continue to post all these links telling of what some, and obviously you, believe, is a terrible thing heading toward our shores.
You have yet to say what you are doing to protect yourself and your family and what others can do.
Without solutions, I see this as being no more than alarmist.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't wish to be alarmist - just get information that you and I are NOT getting from MSM. I have seriously been looking into relocating.

Make up your own mind. I am just passing along information from top scientists.
hagopian
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non Radio Related Topics