This Thanksgiving,What are you Thankful For?

This Thanksgiving,What are you Thankful For?

Postby Tape Splicer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

As we in Canada celebrate Thanksgiving; We have much to be thankful for in our family..

We have a new grandson (one week old as i write); The first grandson after two granddaughters. He is a cute little guy who's watched his first hockey game and football game with his dad. We will be seeing the family later today for a big gathering and turkey dinner. ....

The floor is open for any other comments .....Hope you'll be able to h ave a great weekend with family and friends. TS
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: This Thanksgiving,What are you Thankful For?

Postby hagopian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 am

I'm thankful to the Staff at St. Paul's ICU for saving my life - so I can enjoy more time with my Wife and Family, and friends.

My wish is for your health and much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Cheers!
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:07 pm

So much to be thankful for, my real and adopted family members, my godchildren and especially my partner.
Echoing Hagopian, I too wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fantastic team of doctors and nurses and pharmacists at both St. Pauls and VGH who got me through a heart attack a month after my 65th birthday.
I'm also grateful for the hundreds of friends and former co-workers, many of whom I still regularly keep in touch.
I'm saddened by the loss of so many but grateful for those who survive.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby flyonthewall » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:10 pm

The fly is thankful that he can talk about radio without management edicts requiring 40% chemtrail content. Better known in the biz as Chemcon.

From me and my houseflymate I'd like you wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. For those of you watching the red white and blue flying in the wind please hold this thought another six weeks or so.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Thankful for my lovely, talented and highly principled daughter Leah, the fact that I HAVE a low-paying job at a place to which I look forward to going every day or so, my good health, my beautiful new home in the forest, on the water, overlooking Puget Sound and (this one may surprise you) I am thankful for my ex-wife and the fact that she still loves me enough that she genuinely cares about my well-being and happiness.
:canflag1: Image
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 pm

:canflag3: :wav: :wav: :canflag4:

Neumann the American flag looks a little lost on your post

Happy Canadians Thanks to da americanos :headbang:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby isthisthingon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:14 pm

My wonderful kids are first on the list. But I'm also thankful - and astonished - for continued radio and ad agency friendships that began 25 to 45 years ago - some of whom are regulars here. KUID-FM & KUOI-FM college radio; CKLA@VCC, CHAT and CJOC with JHO, first paid gig at CFAX with Tom J. and Vince. FYI: None of us have aged a day! Sunday turkey and a little wine with with Rip & Kel and a few YYC greats. Man, I'm blessed.
isthisthingon
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:19 am

My kids. My health. Friends. Music. Travel. Internet radio. Being in LA at the moment where it's hot and sunny. There's no turkey but I'm still thankful.
tuned
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics