Keith Bradbury

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Keith with Pamela and Margot Harper

Keith Bradbury - Journalist Vancouver Sun 1959; Editor Ubyssey newspaper circa 1964; Bachelor's Degree University of BC 1966 UBC School of Law degree 1969; freelance CBC Radio Vancouver 1972; features reporter then Assignment Editor, Assistant News Director and News Director BCTV Vancouver 1972-96 and Vice President of News 1996-98; news consultant 1998-current; Bruce Hutchison Lifetime Achievement Award; Radio-Television News Directors Association Lifetime Achievement Award 2004. Died April 27, 2007 in Sechelt after suffering from Lou Gehrigs's Disease (ALS)

1999 Jack Webster awards - Keith on right with Cameron Bell

It is with great sadness that I must report to you today that one of the legends of our industry has passed away. Keith Bradbury was one of the architects of what is unquestionably the greatest success story in Canadian television news history. His career in television began in 1972 at BCTV and marked the beginning of a remarkable evolution of the News Hour. His dogged determination to build a strong local news voice in British Columbia resulted in a program that set the standard for all news organizations across the country. When he retired from his role as Vice-President, News and News Director in 1998 he left us a news organization that is unmatched for its vigor and its success anywhere in North America and continues to grow based on his legacy. Even in retirement Keith continued to work with me consulting with our news operations in Halifax, Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Global National and over these years he has become, for me, a great friend and colleague. Keith passed away this morning after a brave battle against ALS. He will be missed for his wisdom and his dedication to our craft over so many years. Please join me in sending his wife Joy, daughter Jennifer, his son Keith, and all his grandchildren and family our deepest sympathies.

The tradition lives on. Steve Wyatt
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:00 pm

Steve, I do indeed join you all. Unmatched. I am saddened with the news....another great passes on.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics