Happy September 8 Calgary

Happy September 8 Calgary

Postby radiofan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Yesterday as I headed out of Calgary, it was sunny, mid 20's, convertible tops down, people mowing lawns ...

Today, September 8th, was a different story (glad I drove back to Vancouver yesterday!)

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Happy September 8 Calgary

Postby Russ_Byth » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:16 pm

That sound you hear is the rest of Canada snickering. :tonguewaving:
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:43 pm

The folks with the egg on their face in Edmonton were at Environment Canada. At midnight last night, they were still promising temperatures not dipping below plus five and rain with no snow.

It wasn't exactly a winter wonderland when I got up this morning, with only a few snowflakes mixed in with the rain. It was soon mostly snow that was falling, but it never stayed on the ground for more than 30 seconds before it melted. It kept up for most of the day, though amounts varied by where you are in the city.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Greetings, Thanks for mentioning all this. I will have to ask Ann's brother Eric who lives in St. Albert near Edmonton whether he did any jogging today. Monday is his day off from the hospital up there. He was telling me the other night his wife and him had a wonderful walk in one of the Edmonton parks with pleasant weather although a littly chilly.

Gee Radiofan you missed the first snow of the season for Calgary, you should have stuck around for it! I bet our friend Carol C. who lives just east of Calgary at Chestermere Lake is just screaming about it. She strongly dislikes snow and cold weather but has put up with it for many years since moving up there from Surrey back around 1995 or so. In a way she is used to it but this early in the season she is probably quite upset I am sure.

Anyway enjoy the Fall weather wherever you are. Fall is my favorite season of the year!

73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics