OOPS!

OOPS!

Postby OpenMike » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:47 am

Campus Cops Gone Wild . . .

Guys. Camera phones. Hello?
Two campus cops with the UBC University detachment are in hot water after a series of provocative photographs showing the officers flirting with a group of young female students appeared in the Ubyssey student newspaper today.

Described by one witness in an article by Ubyssey student reporter Jesse Ferreras as "the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen!", the photos feature two young male officers up to their holsters in campus hotties!
What began as a routine liquour scolding outside the McDonald's on University Boulevard, quickly escalated into a full-on flirt-a-thon involving as many as 15 female students.

The officers -- quite clearly enjoying the attention -- "playfully" handcuffed some of the young women, and let others sit in the back seat of their cruiser and play with their nightsticks.
"I've spoken with Staff Sgt. (Kevin) Kenna and he takes this very seriously," Cst. Annie Linteau, with RCMP Strategic Communications, told Live@Five this afternoon.
"He is in the process of reviewing the circumstances surrounding this particular incident."
Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:28 am

" play with their nightsticks."

Anyone?
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Methinks Jesse goes for the cheap thrills line hoping to attract the attention of some editor who will think he's the cat's pyjamas for such cutsieipoo writing.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby OpenMike » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 am

Mounties under review after posing with 'flirting' women
David Wylie , CanWest News Service
Published: Saturday, October 13, 2007

Police are conducting a review after two University of British Columbia campus RCMP officers were photographed allowing a small group of young women to play with their handcuffs and sit in their squad car.

The pictures, which were snapped July 1, surfaced Thursday in the university's student-run newspaper, the Ubyssey.

They show the officers -- in full uniform and clearly on duty -- hugging five young women, handcuffing them and smiling widely for the camera. Another photo shows two women handcuffed together. And in several more, the women are sitting in the back of a squad car.

B.C. RCMP spokeswoman Const. Annie Linteau confirmed Friday the officers are both stationed at the RCMP's UBC campus detachment, and are under review -- but not under "investigation."

"We're reviewing the circumstances surrounding the incident," she said. "It would be done very likely by the head of the detachment."

Linteau said she was unaware of any RCMP policy governing the use of police equipment, such as handcuffs, or any policy regulating when and why people can sit inside squad cars.

Under the discipline section of the RCMP Act, however, officers are expected to "act at all times in a courteous, respectful and honourable manner," to "avoid any actual, apparent or potential conflict of interests" and to "maintain the honour of the force and its principles and purposes."

UBC student Davor Kovac, who witnessed the scene, declined to comment Friday. However, he previously told the Ubyssey that about 20 people were waiting at a bus stop near the university when the officers pulled up.

Some of those waiting had open liquor, said Kovac, adding the officers asked them to pour out their drinks.

"Then all of the girls just started flirting with the cops, really badly," he told the student paper.

This went on for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, Kovac said some in the group continued to drink alcohol - until he exclaimed loudly: "This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen."

One of the officers then asked Kovac to pour out his drink. "Then he just kept posing for the pictures with the girls," Kovac said, adding the young women "playfully" asked the officers to handcuff them.

UBC student Robin Race was also there and told the Ubyssey that the police were doing nothing to stop the drinking.

"They were just too preoccupied by the girls ... it was really unprofessional," he said.
Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Postby FormerLady1130 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:04 pm

It's pretty mild compared to some of the wild stories I've heard about our men in uniform and the competitions that go on between them but that's all I'm going to say about it.
FormerLady1130
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:30 pm

FormerLady1130 wrote:It's pretty mild compared to some of the wild stories I've heard about our men in uniform and the competitions that go on between them but that's all I'm going to say about it.

Do you have video?

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:34 pm

Plus 1 for formerlady1130's comments.
I'd tell some stories but most of the miscreants still are alive and they have guns!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics