No Province Newspaper Today

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:32 am

The Province newspaper will not be published today, Monday, August 7th, because of the B.C. Day holiday.

Please be advised that all of the stories that would have normally appeared in today's edition will instead appear in tomorrow's paper, making the news two days old instead of the usual one day.

On Tuesday we'll be back to our regular schedule and our usual lagtime of twenty-four hours.

Enjoy your extended weekend!
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:13 am

Pluto wrote:The Province newspaper will not be published today, Monday, August 7th,  because of the B.C. Day holiday.

Please be advised that all of the stories that would have normally appeared in today's edition will instead appear in tomorrow's paper, making the news two days old instead of the usual one day.

Get with the program, read it online :blink:
PMC

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 am

PMC wrote:
Pluto wrote:The Province newspaper will not be published today, Monday, August 7th,? because of the B.C. Day holiday.

Get with the program, read it online :blink:

Please ...

If I want to read an online newspaper, why the hell would it be the Province rag?

I think I'd probably look at a real newspaper such as the Globe & Mail or the New York Times.

But, if I ever feel the need to find out about some poor sap's operation to have his foreskin re-attached, then yes, I know exactly where to go: The Province, front page.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:24 pm

The Globe & Mail published today as per usual. What's The Province? Isn't it like those freebie rags except you have to pay for it?
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Stn Brk » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:02 pm

At least the news in the Province was only two days old! I tuned into Shaw Cable 4 last night to catch Fanny Kiefer's show and the scroll there featured stories from last Friday. There was no shortie newscast at 8:55 or whatever. There was just the out-of-date scroll which mentioned that news was being provided by CKNW. What great advertising for Shaw/Corus!! Such a committment to news and the community.
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics