Google Ads

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:05 am

I thought I would share with you all some statistics on internet use.

I can't prove these figures but google is charging me for ads based on the following
stats for the last 30 days

cknw 2,304
ckwx 1,204
news 1130 801
red robinson 221
ckov 350
chqm 193
jack webster 52
cjor 33
ckmo 21
cfax 589

Now this means to me that in the last 30 days there have been that many people who have used google to find the above names, stations etc.

The other figure which I am not showing you is the number of people who see my ad and click on www.bcradiohistory.com

It cost me $13 so if you google radio stuff look for an ad in the upper right of the google screen

I will update you again in about a month
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Top Dog wrote: The other figure which I am not showing you is the number of people who see my ad and click on www.bcradiohistory.com

It cost me $13 so if you google radio stuff look for an ad in the upper right of the google screen

Don't they only charge you for bcradiohistory, or do you have ads for CKNW, News 1130 etc.

How many clicks do you get for the bcradiohistory ad ?

The way I understand their package is, you pay for the click response... and similar for people that run the ads, they get paid for the click response.
PMC

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:06 pm

good questions PMC but based on my understanding (which might be flawed)
the statistics they show you are:

how many people are looking for certain key words I have have used

so if 50 google "the beat" and only 1 presses the ad link for me that is what they tell me

but the stats seem to indicate to me who is looking up certain items like red,
webster, ckmo, cfun etc

its just interesting

Am I getting my moneys worth - who knows I am none commercial - just interested in
promoting it a bit.

and yes you get charged by the number of click to your site
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:58 pm

Top Dog wrote:
and yes you get charged by the number of click to your site

Which is why I asked the question of how many clicks to your site to justify the $13 charge... ie: what is the cost per click.

There should be no charge for any general search that matches keywords that you maintain... only a charge for the click throughs on an ad.
PMC

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:50 pm

without giving away all my secrets - its not a hell of a lot.

However they may charge on the clicks to my site but I look at it as
exposure to those looking for radio info.

what I am doing is refining my key words as a bit of a test e.g BCAB gets more looks
than many other radio sites so it stays. If you google a lot you see what comes up
under what words etc. Its a hobby. Its a game.

13 bucks for the month is cheap for the expose given. A classified ad in my local
paper is way more and is not read by radio types so its a focused bit of advertising.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics