How Americans Think about Canada

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:34 pm

THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2006:

We know exactly where one cow with Mad-cow-disease is located among the
millions and millions of cows in Canada but we haven't got a clue as to
where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located.

Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of
immigration.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby wireless-dude » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Yes indeed, a very good point
wireless-dude

Postby johnsykes » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:14 pm

It seems no one dares to bring up the question about immigration, because we, they, would be given a label, something resembling being a bigot. Yet, if those from elsewhere complain about something, we Canadians aren't able to say a word....again because we would be given a label as being a bigot.

I am sick and tired of this crap. My family moved to Canada in 1952 from England. I had a wicked Yorkshire accent....but quickly did something about it....I got rid of it. My family evolved into becoming a typical Canadian family. Eventually, I gained a typical Canadian accent and was hired as a Canadian sports broadcaster....sure, on occasion, some slight hint of England crept in....my dear old collegue Denny Boyd threw that in when I left CJOR....Denny suggested I had a different way of saying "junior".....that was in 1975.....I've never forgotten what Denny said on his editorial about me leaving CJOR. It was very special....then...and is very special today.

But I digress....what Americans think? Give me a break.......We Canadians know a hell of a lot more about their country than they know about us. Why? Because we are so bloody open minded.....apart from Bush and his warmongering. My guess is, there'll be a change in the White House in the next election.....a Democrat will become the next President of the U.S.....and it can't come soon enough. Not that I'm against Canada's involvement in Afganistan....or Iraq. We, the western world, must stop this total killing on the part of the so-called Moslems. Strange, isn't it.....they claim to be so God-like...yet murder people left, right and centre.....in the name of religion. My thought is....moslem people don't kill.......the ones I know are people who love others....want to live peacefully, etc. Osama et al? Not at all religious....murderers all!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics