Our Media Club...

Re: Our Media Club...

Postby mightymouth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:20 pm

J Kendrick wrote:
Mike Cleaver wrote:Go to User Control Panel and add them to your "foes" list.
It's RadioWest's version of the B*lls**t filter.
Makes carrying on a reasonable conversation much simpler.

Thanks for the tip, Mike! I'll check that out right now. :wink:

... and now back to the question of who's been operating The Media Club under the name of our Greater Vancouver Media Association...

Oh, back to the point.....WHO CARES!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 pm

mightymouth wrote:Oh, back to the point.....WHO CARES!

If you're in the Greater Vancouver Media, then you should care... because it's your Media Club... not the club of those who are running it now.
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 am

To those who ask why radio is in the state it's in ... mature folk like the three stooges are running it.

At the risk of foiling rule #14, go find a sandbox somewhere.

While it is important that RadioWest remains an open forum, too many serious threads here have been reduced to drivel by the antics of four-year-olds. Really, who are you trying to impress?

Go ahead and out yourselves with some more alleged smart remarks. And don't forget to bring a ladder and a lunch.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby hatchetking » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 am

freqfreak2...finally a post i can agree with

a little humour or the twist of a phrase is fine but when a thread is started .....but then seized by
the village idiots, you have to wonder what is the point of it all

and "who cares?" does not cut it with me. the subject seems important to Mr. Kendrick but the evidence
shows he has little symphathy from this audience and most do not know what he is talking :sad3: about

i like to discuss fairly meaty subjects but it is difficult to engage
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 am

I must add that nothing freq2 or cleaver have posted in this thread have added to forwarding Mr. Kendrick's quest. If he wants to pursue this, I would suggest he call Jim Bennie at WX, he goes back to JK's time.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 am

Howaboutthat wrote:I must add that nothing freq2 or cleaver have posted in this thread have added to forwarding Mr. Kendrick's quest. If he wants to pursue this, I would suggest he call Jim Bennie at WX, he goes back to JK's time.

Hey, there you go Hatchetmouth, old Howaboutthatguywhocomesupwiththeanswerallthetime, had a positive suggestion, not like your rambling critique :bom:
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

hatchetking wrote:... and most do not know what he is talking :sad3: about

That's precisely the problem... because none of you was there when The Media Club actually was The Media's Club... and none of you seems to realize that the club is still being run in The Media's name... that the "Greater Vancouver Media Association" was actually started by those of us in the Media and is still the rightful owner of The Media Club... which is now being operated by people with no media connections at all who had nothing whatsoever to do with formation of the "Greater Vancouver Media Association".

Howaboutthat wrote: If he wants to pursue this, I would suggest he call Jim Bennie at WX, he goes back to JK's time.

.. and what good would that do?

Jim and I first worked together at CKO... back when Jim was still living with his grandmother. Jim knows my family through his other interests outside of radio, but he was never part of The Media Club group.

The guy I really need here is TopDog... Jack Bennest... who was one of our group of radio reporters who first started the Media Club. He knows exactly what I'm talking about because he was part of it.

JK
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

For crying out loud Kendrick, you're a bigger whiner than a New Democrat on election night! (Sorry Dan ;) )
I gave you a suggestion, and rather than make a simple phone call, you shoot it down. Guess what... unlike you, Bennie's actually been outside and moved on in the last 30 years and keeps in touch with a lot of the folks from that period.
I guess you're not on that list..... hmmmmm....
Maybe if you axe nicely, TD will send you a coded message.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 pm

cartie? ... Care to join us here, Jim? :wink:
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 pm

J Kendrick wrote:cartie? ... Care to join us here, Jim? :wink:

I don't know who cartie is, but trying to get people to 'out' themselves is one of the reasons your beloved top dog got sent to the kennel from here. Maybe bennie's not taking your calls?
You'll find td at the Oliver city hall. But then, that too involves making a phone call.
You obviously have a lot of spare time, I don't. See ya.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Maybe bennie's not taking your calls?
You'll find td at the Oliver city hall. But then, that too involves making a phone call.

Are you at all familiar with the expression about Grandma and eggs? :|
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 pm

J Kendrick wrote:
hatchetking wrote:... and most do not know what he is talking :sad3: about

That's precisely the problem... because none of you was there when The Media Club actually was The Media's Club... and none of you seems to realize that the club is still being run in The Media's name... that the "Greater Vancouver Media Association" was actually started by those of us in the Media and is still the rightful owner of The Media Club... which is now being operated by people with no media connections at all who had nothing whatsoever to do with formation of the "Greater Vancouver Media Association".

Eatons was run by people other than the Eaton family; How long since a member of the Horton family ran Timmie's? Does anyone named Brown actually own Brown Bros. Ford anymore?

Get over it already. It's just a freakin' name. How long since you've paid a rent cheque? How long since you've paid membership dues? I guess whoever pays the bills is the rightful owner nowadays.

Quit living in the past. If you need a drink that bad, go into your neighbourhood watering hole sporting a name tag that reads: "I Used To Be A Beater". That and $6 should get you a pint.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:05 pm

sparky wrote:[
Quit living in the past. If you need a drink that bad, go into your neighbourhood watering hole sporting a name tag that reads: "I Used To Be A Beater". That and $6 should get you a pint.

Well put Sparky, hopefully that puts an end to that dead end topic. :cheers:
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:28 am

sparky wrote:Get over it already. It's just a freakin' name.

Okay, then... If you're in the Greater Vancouver Media... you tell me.

Who is the "Greater Vancouver Media Association"?

The Greater Vancouver Media... of which you are now a member... or somebody else operating in your name who has nothing whatsoever to do with the Media group of which you are now a member?

It's purely a matter of principle... but then... nah... you wouldn't get it. :)

If you really don't mind someone else stealing your identity... well...

That's your choice....
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Non Radio Related Topics