PO

PO

Postby jon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:36 pm

We are gathered together here today to mourn the passing of the Two Dollar Stamp, cut off in Middle Age, during what should have been the beginning of his most productive years.

Well, the new postal rates are out. And one value appears twice: $2.00. For oversized Letter Mail to the U.S. -- think DVDs and CDs. And slightly heavier (101g-200g) oversized Letter Mail to Canada. As an avid reader of Postal Rates Schedules, I don't ever recall anything ever being priced at $2 before.

But, in the last year or two, the $2 stamp has been replaced with the $8 stamp. I don't ever recall seeing anything (in the Postal Schedules, past and present) ever being priced at $8 even.

The Canada Post Office never ceases to amaze me. Kinda gives new meaning to the term PO'ed.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: PO

Postby jon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Well, I dropped by the main Post Office for the entire Southside of Edmonton this afternoon. I only normally go there if there is something too heavy in the mail for me that my local Quickie Mart post office won't hold for me, let alone have actually delivered to my door. Last time it was pair of Polk tower speakers that FutureShop.ca offered for $150 with free shipping.

Just for fun, I asked for $2 stamps, thinking they might sell me some 2006 ones or something. I was quite surprised when the Canada Post employee said "Yes, there is such an animal." And went away for a while "in the back" and couldn't find any. Finally, he emerged and got the vault keys from the senior staff member on duty. And pulled out a bunch of $2 stamps from the vault.

I bought a bunch as I suspect I might not see any for a while. Suitably enough, half of them have peregrine falcons pictured on them, the toughest little birds you'll ever meet.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Ya know, I saw the title for this thread and thought it had to do with teletubbies! :tail :tail :occasion2: :sign5: :cheers:
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm gonna start a Tinky Winky and La La thread. :D
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Ya know, I saw the title for this thread and thought it had to do with teletubbies! :tail :tail :occasion2: :sign5: :cheers:

I find it a little more than disturbing that you know the names of Teletubbies? I had to google it to see what the H. you were talking about! :shock:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

My kid was a toddler during TeleTubbies heyday. Not that I didn''t very much enjoy their antics myself. 8-)
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

This would make Jerry Falwell roll in his grave!...

:laughing3: :violent3:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

mightymouth wrote:
Howaboutthat wrote:Ya know, I saw the title for this thread and thought it had to do with teletubbies! :tail :tail :occasion2: :sign5: :cheers:

I find it a little more than disturbing that you know the names of Teletubbies? I had to google it to see what the H. you were talking about! :shock:

At first I thought the 'tubbie's' name was HO... but some quick research proved otherwise. :read2:
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:
mightymouth wrote:

At first I thought the 'tubbie's' name was HO... but some quick research proved otherwise. :read2:

HO was the bitch of PO.....
:read:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 pm

someone mention ho's :drunken:
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics