VANOC Closes Hallway In Retired Couple's Home

Postby TransistorSister » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Mr. & Mrs. George Bridge of Vancouver woke up this morning to find that the entrance hallway in their modest one bedroom apartment at a Senior Citizens' complex off of Cambie Street had been closed by VANOC.

The hallway - the main arterial route in the Bridges' apartment - intersects with shorter passageways that lead to the kitchen and bathroom.

The closure effectively cuts off the elderly couple's access to these areas.

The disoriented couple were told that their hallway was shut down in preparation for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

A VANOC spokesperson who arrived on the scene after being contacted by the building's manager apologized to the Bridges' for the inconvenience but explained to them that "everyone has to do their part" to ensure that the Olympics are successful.

He added that closing the hallway was necessary to ensure that traffic throughout the apartment flowed smoothly during the 17-day celebration.

Newly erected 'No Parking 24 Hours' signs were taped to the Bridges' dinette set and Mr. Bridge's rocking chair where he is accustomed to having his afternoon nap.

He was told however, that catching forty winks in the bathtub would be allowed.

"I guess that'll have to do, won't it?" said George, rapping his cane smartly on the large security camera mounted on the couple's hat rack as Mrs. Bridge's Lil Rascal scooter was towed out of the apartment after it was found to be parked illegally on the couple's balcony.
TransistorSister
Advanced Member

Re: VANOC Closes Hallway In Retired Couple's Home

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

Well......"everyone has to do their part".
I thought this was paying for it...For the next 40 years.
:wink:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:33 am

I thought this was just another cut and paste job until I got to the part about the sign on the dinette. Most days I'm sharp as a bowling ball.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby 78rpm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 pm

The VANOC nazis strike again.
I'm sure their prime objective is to paralyze this town and then invoke Martial Law
support community radio-send all your money now.
78rpm
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 am

sandclan wrote:Well......"everyone has to do their part".
I thought this was paying for it...For the next 40 years.
:wink:

That's the point. Anyone who won't be alive for the full 40 years has to "pay" in other ways. I'm surprised TransistorSister forgot to mention the Speed Bumps installed by the Official Supplier of Olympic Traffic Signs.

The alternative would be an Income Tax in Heaven and Hell, but even the OAC couldn't figure that one out.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics