Man Exhibits No Signs Of Olympic Fever Questioned, Released

Man Exhibits No Signs Of Olympic Fever Questioned, Released

Postby TransistorSister » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

Man Who Exhibits No Signs Of Olympic Fever Questioned, Released

A Vancouver man who has yet to exhibit any signs of Olympic Fever has been questioned and released by VANOC Security an unnamed source claimed earlier this morning.

"It's true" said the spokesperson, "A gentleman was brought in and questioned after some passersby downtown noticed that he didn't seem to have any of the traits commonly exhibited by fans."

A concerned resident followed the man and flagged down a VANOC Security team who had been dozing in front of the Molson Canadian Hockey House Beer tent.

They quicky apprehended the suspect by handcuffing him to a totem pole.

"At the time he was detained the man was not wearing red mittens or any other branded apparel, nor did he possess any Olympic trading pins or event tickets," reported the spokesperson.

At one point the man was asked if he could define the term 'halfpipe.'

"I dunno" he replied, "Is that what Ross Rebagliati smokes when he gets up in the morning?"

After being questioned and cautioned, the suspect was released.

Hundreds of VANOC's newly installed closed circuit cameras tracked his progress as he walked half a block to a 99-cent pizza shop, emerged with a slice of pie, and made his way home to a West End apartment where he worked on a suduko puzzle and smoked a cigarette before turning in for the evening.

A VANOC spokesman remained tight-lipped and was at a loss to explain the citizen's unusual behavior.

"We don't know" he said, "It's just bloody weird."
TransistorSister
Advanced Member

Re: Man Exhibits No Signs Of Olympic Fever Questioned, Released

Postby Destro » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am

why these aren't being recorded for radio and airing at the end of NW or News1130 broadcast is beyond me. no wait... they'd have to cut a little cheque. OK, I get it.
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:04 pm

TS and Destro - what would we do without these guys....?
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 am

Destro wrote:why these aren't being recorded for radio and airing at the end of NW or News1130 broadcast is beyond me. no wait... they'd have to cut a little cheque. OK, I get it.

Why those stations? Because of the nature of the comment, wouldn't it be more suited for one of those silly FM morning shows?
jawbone
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics