PSR to start charging 'user fee' at midnight!

PSR to start charging 'user fee' at midnight!

Postby jawbone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Looks like the owner of PSR should get a 'real' job. He's now charging $10 for the honour of posting on his site. Reaction so far, seems to be: 'see ya later'!
That includes me. :goalie: As a member, I have no intention of helping pay his personal bills, whatever they may be.
No more 'playing radio' Michael.
One person raised an interesting point... if you pay the $10 and subsequently get kicked off after you realize there is no chem-trail conspiracy, do you get your money back.
And does the owner have to pay $10 for each of his many aliases?
And what happens when the 'one-time-payment' funding runs out next month?
I'm happy to stay right here.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Re: PSR to start charging 'user fee' at midnight!

Postby Slip Q » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Why would I pay $10 + HST + PayPal fee to look at what's new in the world of chemtrails and whacko political views?

I've been banished from that site at least three times using different names. I seem to have a knack of questioning
and challenging the Owner's political views and conspiracy theory beliefs.

My real question is, does the money he receives go into some kind of a trust fund so subscribers can be repaid if
and when the site totally goes tits up? Then again, this might not be a concern. I've never seen a "user fee" radio
site succeed.
Slip Q
Advanced Member

Postby Justaprairieguy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Radiowest and PSR are sites I visit daily and enjoy both.

I understand there are times when tough decisions have to be made. However, Im sure PSR will soon realize they are not the only car dealer in town and will be quite surprised at the low number of subscribers they will recieve.

My prediction: PSR will not exist by Christmas or it will be available for free once again.

While we radio junkies love our gossip, most of us can live without it if we have to.
Justaprairieguy
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:17 pm

:tail
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Am I the only one who is reminded of the story of "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf"? I've lost count of the number of times I've read on PSR that it would disappear in the next few days due to lack of funds. If my bookie would take my money on it, I'd be out there now laying my money down that PSR will be there tomorrow morning as usual. At worst, saying the user fee was delayed.

All bets are off though if this $150,000 lawsuit for copyright infringement against PSR starts to move through the courts:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/se ... opyrights/
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby WheresFredTaylor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:36 pm

I've been banned from PSR for asking why should I pay.
WheresFredTaylor
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:40 pm

I see the idiot is banning 'guest' access already. (At least for me)

PSR, like the Tea Party, is now an exclusive club of twits.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby yathink » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:I see the idiot is banning 'guest' access already. (At least for me)

PSR, like the Tea Party, is now an exclusive club of twits.

To paraphrase...."I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me, or you for that matter, as members.
(Groucho)
I can't give you a brain, but I can give you a diploma.
yathink
Advanced Member

Postby crs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:01 pm

I was banned some time ago as well. Hopefully all that cash will help them with their chemtrail agenda. Come to think of it, I think it was a flippant comment about how they were picking on weatherman Ed Bain about ignoring the plight of chemtrails that first got my posting deleted, then my login name banned. I merely suggested they start picking on OTHER weathermen, like Wayne Cox or Tamara Taggert if they were going to go full throttle with damning Ed Bain for turning a blind eye.

What a bunch of wing nuts. :sign5:
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Postby bigtalker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:03 pm

i am now banned.
i guess when i said i'll see ya at the free site - radiowest that ended my membership.

it wasn't gonna get used anyway - no pay for me!
bigtalker

Postby Karen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

I used to be a regular visitor and sometime poster there until it became an online version of the National Enquirer. What relevance does 90% of what's cut and pasted there have to do with
radio in any way? Smartest thing they could do is drop the word Radio from the name.

Several sites over the years have gone the user fee route and have failed. The only one to succeed is Reel Radio and deservedly so. The airchecks they offer weekly from the past are worth
their weight in gold. I've subscribed for several years now. At least there you get something for your money.

What's with him charging a paypal fee? If I went into any store and they tried to charge me the fee that Visa or MasterCard charges them for my purchase, they'd get their god-damned merchandise
back and as a customer I'd be gone for good. It's call cost of doing business. Obviously, Mr Chem Trails isn't a businessman.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby TRENT310 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Fun times. I tried to log in 3 days ago, and I guess now it's just a closed little community.
TRENT310
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:08 pm

What an idiotic 'business plan'.

Reminds me of Rogers only allowing THEIR wireless customers access to apps for THEIR media properties. Subscribe to Telus and want to get the much ballyhooed News1130 app.... sorry. Same with Sportsnet.

A successful business plan would allow for maximum exposure.

(Karen - You know you ARE paying for the Visa and MC fee, it just doesn't show on your bill)
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby Craig » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Just checked the PSR website and the following message appeared on the screen:

"Guest access has been disabled on this forum system. In order to browse and post on this forum system you must login with a valid username. Please login or register."

When I clicked on "Register", the following message appeared:

"Sorry, but an error occurred. If you are unsure about how to solve this error you can contact the system administrator. Registration is closed on this board."

Wow, it's really messed up over there. Looks like PSR is toast...
Craig
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:32 pm

My cheque that I sent to get on board as a paying customer has been returned to me. It was marked NSF. Not Sufficiently Fun
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Non Radio Related Topics