Bye Bye Gordon.

Bye Bye Gordon.

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Re: Bye Bye Gordon.

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 pm

And about time too.
He should have resigned long ago, after being convicted of drunk driving in Hawaii.
He'd previously called for the resignation of other MPP's after their drunk driving convictions.
He missed his next chance after lying about the imposition of the Hated Sales Tax.
Then he missed again after trying to bribe taxpayers with their own money, using a set of bogus charts.
I wonder if Colin Hansen has the gall to attempt a run for party leader?
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Hansen was Gordo's biggest cheerleader. The idiot should have stepped down too.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm

slowhand wrote:You obviously haven't been reading the National Post:
"according to the Fraser Institute, Mr. Campbell is the most fiscally responsible of Canada’s 10 provincial leaders. On government spending, taxes, public debt and deficits, he rates an 89.1 out of 100."
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... r-premier/

Ah, just after he seemed to be doing so well. :sad2:
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 pm

I wonder if the ink has dried on Belle Puri's business cards yet?

Maybe her old job at CBC hasn't been filled yet.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't know Belle at all but others with whom I've worked speak very highly of her.
But you have to wonder about her sense of timing.
Why would you leave a good job and make the jump to the office of a man who's barely been able to tread water since the last election?
Leg Reporter Sean Leslie at CKNW says Campbell's announcement today is a surprise.
To me, that's another case of a reporter who's been covering the same beat for too long.
Can't see the forest for the trees.
At CHUM, we rotated reporter's beats on a regular basis so they wouldn't get too chummy with those on whom they were supposed to be filing unbiased reports.
Campbell has had little choice since the results of the anti-HST campaign were revealed.
The last straw was his trying to bribe voters with their own money using a bogus set of charts.
People have had it with his drunk driving conviction and consistent lying about the HST and his sneaking out of any questioning on the BC Rail deal.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby crs » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm

So, who will be his successor? That's like trying to predict the year the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup! LOL Nobody wants the job. Who wants to be the fall guy/gal for the Liberals over the HST???

BTW, I hear both CBC and CKNW carried the Gordo speech live while News1130 did not. Somebody at 8th and Ash is getting their knuckles rapped over this one I'll bet!!! :oops:
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Mike Cleaver wrote:Leg Reporter Sean Leslie at CKNW says Campbell's announcement today is a surprise.
To me, that's another case of a reporter who's been covering the same beat for too long.
Can't see the forest for the trees.

Anyone caught by surprise by this morning's developments in the Premier's office cannot have been paying much attention over the past 12 months.
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:14 pm

crs wrote:So, who will be his successor? That's like trying to predict the year the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup! LOL Nobody wants the job. Who wants to be the fall guy/gal for the Liberals over the HST???

I think there will be a lot of people, including Carole Taylor, jumping up to the plate for the Liberal's #1 job.
Unfortunately for them, the damage is done. If Campbell had been honest about the HST
and not tried to make out like it came up at the last moment, or to mask the fact
that they wanted to tax the few items with HST that used to be exempt from tax....Well, they
might not be so low in the popularity polls right now, and he would still have control of the party.
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm

slowhand wrote::sad2:

slowhand how did you quote slowerhand?

Kevin Falcon - please write that name down.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby WalkThePost » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Vaughn Palmer with the Vancouver Sun has a decent list of possible replacements.

Kevin Falcon, Mike de Jong, Dianne Watts, Rich Coleman, and George Abbott.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouver ... fault.aspx

I'd add Kevin Krueger and Blair Lekstrom to the list but I think they're long shots at best. I think it will be either Falcon or de Jong.
WalkThePost

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Everyone, I generally don't get into politics on radio forums or in radio clubs but in this case I*ll make an exception. Mrs. CFAY almost jumped through the apartment roof when she heard the good news this afternoon on WX 1130. We then turned over to NW and listened to all the gory details on the Christy Clark show. Oh DAN Maple Fridge must hear your celebration from Pitt Meadows to Mission!!! Yes it certainly is about time that Mr. B>C. Republican stepped down! Liberal party, give me a break, that ain't no liberal party folks that we have had in BC for the past 9 years, its more like the Republican Party of BC.. far more right-wing than the SOCREDs and certainly Ralph Klein's PC Party of Alberta!!!! By the way when I lived in Alberta Ralph's party was the only one I have ever joined, I did do because of no sales tax and a much lower cost of living in Alberta!!!! Ralph wasn't even premier when I joined, it was during a leadership thing in the mid-80s when Don Getty, Julian Koziak, and Ron Ghitter were trying for premier at the Alberta convention. I met two very nice ladies at the Julian Koziak campaign HQS. in Calgary after I decided to support Julian Koziak for premier. It was the first tlime I every participated in any political campaign in Canada although I had previously voted in BC elections. As it turned out Don Getty won the leadership and became premier of Alberta after Peter Lougheed had stepped down. Elaine McCoy and Val Daniels were the two ladies supporting Julian's campaign. Elaine was a corporate lawyer in Calgary and later bacame a minister in the Alberta government for a few years, I think it was municipal affairs and womens issues! In my opinion the Alberta PC Party was a very grassroots, popuilist "For the People" party and has served Alberta well. It became even more so under Ralph Kllein's leadership as premier!! I got to know him when he was mayor of Calgary and was really impressed with him and his down-to-earth attitude. At city hall in Calgary he didn't want you to call him Mayor Kleiin, just Mayor Ralph or Ralph!!! Anyway I didn't mean to get sidetracked from this topic but I must say I did enjoy the politics in Alberta!!! No I grew up in B.C. and was born and raised in this darn province!!!

As someone interested in the history of British Columbia from day one to now I*ve got quite a few books about that including the politics and premiers of B.C. There is one particular one called "The Pictorial History of BC" that has a lot of neat stuff including radio, old radio info... There is a program schedule for CKWX 1130 with Buddy Clyde doing the Teen afternoon slot, its dated maybe 1962, I'll have to check. Also has CFTK "Tall Totem Network!" on 1140 from Terrace with program details and also CKPG 550 Prince George from that same early 60s era! Anyway gettling to the politics of the book it lists all the premiers of BC and what they did or didn't do up to the Early 1970s of W.A.C Bennett... Nothing later than that. Anyway after reading it and other Books about BC History plus a few radio or tv documentaries I*ve seen over the years. (unfortunately not enough on radio or tv about BC's Political History from the late 1800s to 1950.) I've come up with my favorite list of premiers for the province of B.C.. They would be: Premier Patulla (bridge and mountain named after him) from the 1930s to early 40s., W.A.C. Bennett (we all know when he was Premier, don't we?), Dave Barratt, Bill Vanderzalm, and Mike Harcourt. Now of course I*m missing out many other early Premiers of B.C. that I'm still researching what they did for B.C. as an entire province. So there may be more added to my Favorites list to serve the province of B.C> well! I'm hoping to add Carol James to the list in the future as the best Woman Premier of B.C.. She is such a nice lady, almost too polite and moderate of B.C. Politics of recent years!!!! I think the only other lady to have been Premier of British Columbia was Rita Johnson after Bill Vanderzalm. Rita Johnson had been Mayor of Surrey before that. I grew up in Surrey so I know quite a bit about the place!!! Not all of it good!!! We operated CFAY there too with hard-hitting dj programs of rock, oldies and FREE Form as well as local Whalley News of the 1968 to l971 era!!! Unfortunately didn't do much political programs though. Left that to NW and CJOR!!!

Anyway with all the historical stuff on B.C. I*ve come to the conclusion that Gordon Campbell is definitely the worst premier in BC History!!! He has been an elitest, not serving the entire province properly, had made some bad decisions and outeright lied to the people of the province on several issues!!! Best speech he gave was today, it actually seemed like an attempt to project some honesty towards the people of the province. I won't miss him! My mother who now lives in Cobourg, Ontario and is a senior (she moved there in July 1996) , spent most of her life in BC.. When Gordon Campbell got elected in 200l I was back east (in Ontario) for a year, I knew it was bad news for British Columbia!!! I told my mother and have been telling her ever since. But he is a "Liberal". I must have heard that from her a thousand times. My MOM is strong liberal supporter and think they can do no wrong, get the idea!, however shes not too happy with the current Federal Liberal Leader!!! Anyway I kept telling her Gordon Campbell is a liberal in name only, his politics are anything but! I call him Mr. Republican of B>C>> anyway after nine years my mother has almost got the message about what he has really been about. Yes I liked the Winter Olympics and I like the Golden Ears Bridge to Maple Fridge a lot but aslide from that there isn't much else I have to say about his reign over B.C.! I wasn't that impressed when Campbell was Mayor of Vancouver but think he did a slightly better job than Premier of B.C. He has criticized the NDP ot the late 90s for incompetance yet I remember one young Ditzy Highways Minister who wanted to privatize the Coquihalla Hwy. about 7 years ago! She later stepped down and hasn't been heard of since. That was under the Gordon Campbell government!!!

Anyway onward to a better British Columbia without a Republican agenda thank you!!!!
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 pm

WalkThePost wrote:Vaughn Palmer with the Vancouver Sun has a decent list of possible replacements. Kevin Falcon, Mike de Jong, Dianne Watts, Rich Coleman, and George Abbott.

I'd add Kevin Krueger and Blair Lekstrom to the list but I think they're long shots at best. I think it will be either Falcon or de Jong.

I would be inclined to add another possible name to the list... someone who has been out of the political spotlight for several years now but certainly has the experience and the talent... former West Vancouver Mayor and Metro Vancouver vice-chair Mark Sager.
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Eldon....Before I read all that...Did you find $5 at the end of the story?
:shock:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Rich Coleman? Give me a break. Rich Coleman was my MLA for most of the years that I resided in Aldergrove. Useless as a t_t on a bull might be the best way to desribe him, not to mention those alleged shady dealings with his brother who was a big wheel at Western Forest Products when Mr. Coleman was the Minister Of Forests. The Liberals would stoop to a new "laughing stock" low christening this fool as their new leader.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Non Radio Related Topics