U.S. Price Match Sale

U.S. Price Match Sale

Postby jon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

As I've said before, I don't get out much, but this is the first I've seen of Canadian retailers price matching U.S. competitors. Obviously, it is a lot easier to do when the U.S. dollar is worthless. Oops, I should say: worth less than the Canadian dollar. Couldn't resist that after all the years of hearing the Canadian dollar being equated to Canadian Tire Money.

jon
Advanced Member

Re: U.S. Price Match Sale

Postby Buckley » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 am

Companies have to do something, especially near border towns, when our dollar is on par or better. I know it doesn't always last long but while it does, something has to discourage people from heading across the border for some shopping, or even buying from American based websites. It's times like these where you can get things for a better deal on Amazon.com than you can from Amazon.ca, even with paying the shipping, for example Season 6 and 7 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" are $17 each at Amazon.com, at .ca they're $31 each. Even if shipping was $10 (and I don't think it is), AND considering you don't have to pay tax, that's $70.68 Canadian to roughly $44 US. Why would I buy from the Canadian branch!? Sure it all goes into the same giant money bin but you get the point :-)
Buckley
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Canadian retailers and Canadian subsidiaries of US retailers have been screwing us on price and selection for so long and our governments have been taxing us to death on everything, I try not to buy anything major on this side of the border any more.
It's so much easier and more pleasant to drive the half hour to 45 minutes to Bellingham to stock up every few weeks.
You can bring back 400 bucks worth of stuff for every person in the car if you stay 48 hours and with hotels going for 30 to 40 bucks a night and gas half of what it is here, it's a great way to save big bucks, have a better selection and shopping experience and have a holiday as well.
So I say, screw the Canadian retailers!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Screw Canadian retailers, screw Canadian politicians. Where would you rather live Cleaver? Canada or the U.S.
I challenge you to say one thing positive about Canada or BC.
Scenery doesn't count.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics