Osama Bin Laden... DEAD!

Re: Osama Bin Laden... DEAD!

Postby hagopian » Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Come on > lay off the invective > AWG is a class act > time to get back to the bidness!
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm

hagopian wrote:Come on > lay off the invective > AWG is a class act > time to get back to the bidness!

Class, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear! Every spring, the toilets explode! -Dean Wormer, Animal House.
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue May 03, 2011 4:51 pm

True > but I can vouch for AWG > I'd trust him with my life > like many of his crews and passangers have over the years.

I just like Radio talk, Thor, old pal > not slagging.

Nothing against you > but I will put AWG up against anybody; as a human, friend and talent. He is also one hell of a pilot.

In short, this cat didn't fall off a Norwegian Akevit Truck, y'all/

Cheers.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Tue May 03, 2011 5:00 pm

hagopian wrote:True > but I can vouch for AWG > I'd trust him with my life > like many of his crews and passangers have over the years.

I just like Radio talk, Thor, old pal > not slagging.

Nothing against you > but I will put AWG up against anybody; as a human, friend and talent. He is also one hell of a pilot.

In short, this cat didn't fall off a Norwegian Akevit Truck, y'all/

Cheers.

Well, I hope you two are very happy together...

:love10:
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear! Every spring, the toilets explode! -Dean Wormer, Animal House.
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue May 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Thor > you have any friends?
That was rather churlish.
When I admire a co-worker _ and a loyal friend, you sneer?
You must be a really happy camper. :salute:
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Wed May 04, 2011 3:46 am

hagopian wrote:Thor > you have any friends?
That was rather churlish.
When I admire a co-worker _ and a loyal friend, you sneer?
You must be a really happy camper. :salute:

Yes, I have friends. They, however, are sensible enough not to parade their "man-crushes" on publicly viewed message boards.

I am very happy. Thanks for asking! :canflag1:
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 am

I would like to be slagged today - anyone in the mood

It's that kind of day! :orclown:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Wed May 04, 2011 8:19 am

Jack:

I'm sure "The Mighty One" will happily oblige your request in short order. He seems to have the concept of causing maximum irritation using minimal word count down to a repeatable science.

AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 am

Anotherwpgguy wrote:Jack:

I'm sure "The Mighty One" will happily oblige your request in short order. He seems to have the concept of causing maximum irritation using minimal word count down to a repeatable science.

AWG

From you Wippie, I take that as a compliment!
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed May 04, 2011 9:34 am

Jack Bennest wrote:I would like to be slagged today - anyone in the mood

It's that kind of day! :orclown:

:knob: There! Consider yourself slagged!

(and as for the 'other' Three Stooges, people thought MM and me were childish!)
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed May 04, 2011 9:45 am

Back to the original topic: rumours here in Edmonton say that, just after watching News coverage of the death of Osama Bin Laden, Bob Barker has abandoned his fight through PETA to get Lucy the elephant moved to an elephant resort in the U.S., and is now moving full-steam ahead to stop the U.S. Navy from using their trained Seals to kill humans. The recoil from their AK47s is said to damage their flipper muscles. :canflag1:
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

jon wrote:Back to the original topic: rumours here in Edmonton say that, just after watching News coverage of the death of Osama Bin Laden, Bob Barker has abandoned his fight through PETA to get Lucy the elephant moved to an elephant resort in the U.S., and is now moving full-steam ahead to stop the U.S. Navy from using their trained Seals to kill humans. The recoil from their AK47s is said to damage their flipper muscles. :canflag1:

Would those be Elephant Seals?
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed May 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Howaboutthat wrote: People thought MM and me were childish!

I cannot believe that - where is the delightful MouthyMice? :cat2:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Back on topic again; apparently, there's now a load of video floating around the net purporting to be actual military footage of the raid and pictures of the "body".
It's all fake and some of them could well be carrying other things you do not want infecting your system so, beware.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Wed May 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Everyone, Just got back to reading the latest posts on radio west. By the way when 9/ll happened I was back east in the Cobourg area and found out about it in the afternoon. Interesting enough I had been testing loop antennnas out for the early part of the day but had not payed close attention to the news on the AM Band which was quite unusual for me. A school friend of my nephews (at the time) phoned and told my mother about it, she relayed the message to me and I turned on the television thinking some minor plane crash in New York City was happening, I thought Steve being a 12 year old might have over-reacted to the situation. Wow!!! What A shock when I saw the news!!!

Anyway i was hiking up Burke Mountain in NE. Coquitlam on Sunday night just before sunset when I heard about the news of Bin Laden being captured and shot. I was on the cell phone with a radio friend and he told me. Was kind of distracted because I had not hiked up Harper Road and Coast Meridian in over 10 years (use to go up there a lot in the late 1970s and early 1980s). Wow, they are building new townhomes and fancy detached homes all the way up to the lower slopes of Burke Mountain. Two huge construction cranes near Harper Road that were building Town Homes, amazing, that area used to be mainly bush and forest. Most of Harper Road is two lane paved with sidewalks and a couple new paved side streets with cul de sacs!!!! Harper road used to be a logging road all the way from Coast Meridian. Right now its just hardpan gravel about one-third mile from the Po-Co Rod and Gun Club and the gated very rough logging road section going up Burke near the Park Signs at 1300 Feet Approx. I hiked up the rough section as well to near the power lines at about 1500 feet elevation, thats where the snow starts. Lots of snow on local mountains including Golden Ears, Blue Mountain in Maple Fridge and Burke, Buntzen and Coquitlam Mtns. in Coquitlam. Care to do some FM DXing up on the snowline of Burke or Blue Mountain Dan???
I'm thinking of doing it this weekend possibly Saturday. Anyway back to the topic of Bin Laden, quite a shock to be mountain hiking and hear the news considering they all thought it might be hiding out in mountain caves in North Pakistan!!!

It took long enough almost l0 years to get him but I*m glad they did. Possibly more important is all the computer disks and other information they got from the house he was in!!! Big question is how much did Pakistan really know about him being so close to one of their top-notch military academies!!!! Its hard to believe authorities didn't know but as you might guess money talks and according to what i've heard that religious fanatic scumbag was worth about 200 million dollars!!!! What a waste of money eh???? Great White North should do a segment about this!!!! I never really thought you should underestimate the OBAMA Administration in Washington, D.C.. I think the guy is a pretty smart and sly President!!!! Anyway congratulations USA on finally getting him!!!!! At least we have one less scumbag in the world now.
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non Radio Related Topics