Two more to come, then holidays for two weeks

Veteran broadcaster Mike Cleaver is doing a series of interviews with long time west coast broadcasters. These interviews are a joint project between Mike Cleaver, BCRadioHistory.com and RadioWest.ca. New iinterviews are being added weekly.

Two more to come, then holidays for two weeks

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

There are two more interviews this week, Doc Harris and Cameron Bell.
I'll have Jack and Radiofan post them, likely Friday night or Saturday morning.
Then I'm off on holidays for two weeks.
More interviews, a whole whack of them, are scheduled for the last three weeks of July and the months to follow.
I'm hoping to do four a week.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Re: Two more to come, then holidays for two weeks

Postby newsjunkie11 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Mike:

Just want to say that your interviews of former B.C. radio personalities are among the most interesting, thorough and informative that anyone has heard of in recent years... Keep up the good work !

As far as pioneering or "noteworthy" personalities based in B.C's interior, the following come to mind:

Kelowna - Walter Gray, connected with local radio for well over 40 years. Nick Frost, founder of SIlk-FM.

Vernon - Frank Martina - former KISS-FM/CJIB morning man for over 30 years. Glen Morrison, longtime CJIB/KISS-FM newsman and possibly, the first known disabled broadcast journalist to work in BC radio.

Penticton - the Robinson family, founders of Giant FM.

Quesnel - Ron Nielson, Larry Rode, of Cariboo Radio.

- NJ11
newsjunkie11
Advanced Member

Re: Two more to come, then holidays for two weeks

Postby cart_machine » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 pm

newsjunkie11 wrote:Mike:
Kelowna - Walter Gray, connected with local radio for well over 40 years. Nick Frost, founder of SIlk-FM.

Vernon - Frank Martina - former KISS-FM/CJIB morning man for over 30 years. Glen Morrison, longtime CJIB/KISS-FM newsman and possibly, the first known disabled broadcast journalist to work in BC radio.

Penticton - the Robinson family, founders of Giant FM.

What? You didn't suggest Chris Cleaver? :)

That's a pretty good list. John Michaels has been around Kelowna for years, too.

Glen had a career at CHWK and then CFVR before going to Vernon. I wonder if he can name who he replaced when he was hired at CJIB. I can.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to Mike Cleaver's Radiographies